Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   who has had 4+ c-sections? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501615)

Ashsmama 03-19-2013 10:03 PM

who has had 4+ c-sections?

Also, what was the 'limit' on c-sections at your hospital?

I'm pregnant with my third child and I will be having my third csection.
After my first cesarean someone told me that the hospitals where I live only allow 3 cesareans.
I never imagined only having three kids. If I get pregnant with a fourth child can I get 'in trouble' at the hospital? Can they refuse me?

Thanks for any input!

jmoon 03-19-2013 10:08 PM

Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

good question! I hope someone has an answer for you! Did anyone tell you Shane had an interview for a job in McAllen today?

jmoon 03-19-2013 10:10 PM

Shane's mom (an ob nurse) said they won't refuse you. The most she has seen is someone with 5! But it is not recommended.

Ashsmama 03-19-2013 10:17 PM

Yes, grace told me! I hope the interview went well! I miss all of you!

Hmmm.
I don't know how many kids we'll have. Who knows, maybe once I have my third we'll find three is perfect. I just don't want to be restricted to just three. Kwim?

jmoon 03-19-2013 10:19 PM

For sure!

myclanof6 03-19-2013 10:37 PM

I had my 4th almost 3 months ago. My OB said she wouldn't really recommend more than that but as long as the uterus looks good at delivery then she wouldn't be too worried about a future pregnancy. I had a pretty decent window (thinning around the scar) this time around so for me she really didn't want me to become pregnant again. Thankfully we are done (unless God has another plan!) so I don't have to worry about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing :)

Ashsmama 03-19-2013 10:41 PM

Thanks for your input!

Sarah-B 03-19-2013 11:24 PM

I know of a lady that has had 5 & wants more kids.

Is a VBA2C not an option for you this time?

3lilbubs 03-19-2013 11:37 PM

I've had 4. When I had my 3rd, due to complications I was warned not to have a fourth. Well, #4 was a whoops. They can't refuse you. What are they going to say, keep it in? LOL You are simply more likely to be high risk. Even given the warning, I was not high risk with my 4th and the cesarean went smoother than even my first. She said that the more you have the greater risk for mom and baby, but she couldn't see any reason why it would be extremely dangerous for me to have more but she didn't recommend it.

Ashsmama 03-19-2013 11:58 PM

Where I live it's not very vbac friendly but I'm going to try to look around.
I love my last doctor, though, I would hate to switch.

Besides having two previous csections I don't think I'm high risk.
I'm going to ask about if I have a 'uterine window '. No one mentioned if I did or didn't with my last pregnancy.