Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is the best most absorbent doubler? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501720)

Terra76 03-20-2013 11:08 AM

What is the best most absorbent doubler?

We are flat converts :lostit: DS goes to bed in a swaddlebees bamboo flat and they are really absorbent but not enough on their own. I don't want to add a ton of bulk to his diaper. So in your experience, what is the most absorbent but trim doublers. :goodvibes:

Pixi6s 03-20-2013 11:11 AM

Re: What is the best most absorbent doubler?

I can't say I've had to try had to try a lot but I like the joey bunz hemp inserts. :)

Also in my recent absorbancy testing lately I discovered that the tiny grovia cotton doublers actually held more than the joey bunz small hemp and the same as the med!

dncnshu00 03-20-2013 11:58 AM

I've had really good luck stuffing our night diapers with a geffen baby hemp insert. So trim and absorbant.

Kabuki24 03-20-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dncnshu00 (Post 16415768)
I've had really good luck stuffing our night diapers with a geffen baby hemp insert. So trim and absorbant.

This. Or one of their absorbers. Their stuff is so nice!

Others - Softbums Bamboo mini or hemp baby doublers

Terra76 03-20-2013 01:09 PM

Thanks Ladies! I will check into both of those :)

BeeMama8 03-20-2013 01:12 PM

We use hemp babies. I find hemp and bamboo to be the most absorbent.

nicolehedges 03-20-2013 01:14 PM

I love using small flats folded into the size of a doubler or close to it. They don't seem at all bulky to me and hold a ton. :)

ETA: they are more work since you have to fold them, but there is a great tutorial on here somewhere on how to sew them in a couple of places to keep them doubler sized.

crunchyNurseMommy 03-20-2013 01:35 PM

I would go with hemp. Thirsties hemp doublers, hemp babies or geffen baby are all very nice & absorbent!

ReadingRenee 03-20-2013 01:38 PM

I don't have any hemp because of washing issues but I love my Swaddlebees bamboo doublers. I can use one of those inside a kitefolded birdseye flat and be good all night long. ( I don't have a heavy wetter though)

Terra76 03-24-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dncnshu00 (Post 16415768)

Which ones did you get? what is their prepped size?