Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Easter Food Plans (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502305)

Only 03-21-2013 11:06 PM

Easter Food Plans

We are doing brunch at my Mom's!

I am not entirely sure about the menu, though. I have a few ideas but feel free to share any suggestions if you have some. Afterward, we are going to another get together and I plan on bringing carrot cake cupcakes - creative, I know.

What are your food plans?

happyhats 03-22-2013 12:43 AM

Re: Easter Food Plans

Ooh, I have to bring dessert and maybe I will do carrot cake...I was thinking a cobbler of some kind. Im also bringing a fruit plate or salad. My mother is making ham sandwiches, potato salad, and broccoli salad. My sister is doing deviled eggs and baked beans, and probably one of us will pick up chips. We always do firmal meals for thanksgiving and Christmas, and informal for Easter.

Only 03-22-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyhats
Ooh, I have to bring dessert and maybe I will do carrot cake...I was thinking a cobbler of some kind. Im also bringing a fruit plate or salad. My mother is making ham sandwiches, potato salad, and broccoli salad. My sister is doing deviled eggs and baked beans, and probably one of us will pick up chips. We always do firmal meals for thanksgiving and Christmas, and informal for Easter.

I think being that it's Spring and warmer weather more relaxed and fresher type meals are best.

I've been in the mood for peach cobbler, yum!

As for carrot cake, recently another member gave a recipe for chocolate carrot cake. I need to try it!

No one else is cooking for Easter? :)

Newton 03-22-2013 08:29 PM

Haven't finalized Easter meals plans, it is so early this year, I'm just not there yet

debmom2boyz 03-23-2013 12:49 PM

My bff from NY will be visiting for Easter. I am so excited!
I *think* we'll be doing a ham and she said she is bring stuff for a peep cake. LOL
I'd like to do fresh green beans, au gratin potatoes (or some type of shredded chessy potatoes?)

We will have 5 boys ages 6-13, so kid-friendly sides. We will wine, lots of wine!:giggle2:

NappyChappy 03-24-2013 03:39 PM

I am buying my favorite ham- Heavenly Ham 3-4lbs. Then I will make: AuGratin Potatoes, Country Green Beans, Corn Pudding, Yeast Rolls, and Cranberry Sauce. For dessert homemade carrot cake. It will probably only be DH, DS, and hopefully our newest addition! So it will be nice to have left overs for a few days.

slimy72 03-24-2013 04:33 PM

We're doing a ham. Haven't figured out anything else yet. But the ham is in the freezer and needs to get used up.

bluedaisyma 03-24-2013 06:56 PM

Lunch at moms, she's getting subs and I'm bringing that monster cookie dough dip and also colored deviled eggs.

Dinner (*just* the 8 of us): spiral ham, pineapple casserole, sausage stuffing...salad prob and choc chip pie

sry 4 abbrev, im 1 hnd-ed typng & nak frm my iPhone

PurpleFluff 03-24-2013 09:07 PM

Ham is traditional in our families, but neither DH nor I are big fans. So since its just us and the two littles, we're thinking about frying a turkey and doing some of our favorite holiday dishes. Why not start our own traditions :)

Only 03-24-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debmom2boyz (Post 16427335)
My bff from NY will be visiting for Easter. I am so excited!
I *think* we'll be doing a ham and she said she is bring stuff for a peep cake. LOL
I'd like to do fresh green beans, au gratin potatoes (or some type of shredded chessy potatoes?)

We will have 5 boys ages 6-13, so kid-friendly sides. We will wine, lots of wine!:giggle2:

What is a peep cake? I suspect one made from marshmallow peeps? Haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedaisyma (Post 16431154)
Lunch at moms, she's getting subs and I'm bringing that monster cookie dough dip and also colored deviled eggs.

Dinner (*just* the 8 of us): spiral ham, pineapple casserole, sausage stuffing...salad prob and choc chip pie

sry 4 abbrev, im 1 hnd-ed typng & nak frm my iPhone

I want some colored deviled eggs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleFluff (Post 16431545)
Ham is traditional in our families, but neither DH nor I are big fans. So since its just us and the two littles, we're thinking about frying a turkey and doing some of our favorite holiday dishes. Why not start our own traditions :)

I actually prefer turkey over ham. There is nothing wrong with starting your own traditions. :)

Does anyone have a great carrot cake recipe?