Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   poppyfields excitement! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502363)

c&w's mama 03-22-2013 07:14 AM

poppyfields excitement!

:bliss:

I am finally going to order one to try! (so please don't scoop me and order it today. :giggle:)

My dude is almost 30 lbs (I say that because one size fitteds are a bit small for him), about 36+ ish inches tall, and has a high rise.

Am I ok with a large?

TIA!

Feel free to vote on boy patterns ;) I'm feeling green tractors, but there are so many great ones!

RockinLou 03-22-2013 09:29 AM

Re: poppyfields excitement!

Quote:

Originally Posted by c&w's mama (Post 16423013)
:bliss:

I am finally going to order one to try! (so please don't scoop me and order it today. :giggle:)

My dude is almost 30 lbs (I say that because one size fitteds are a bit small for him), about 36+ ish inches tall, and has a high rise.

Am I ok with a large?

TIA!

Feel free to vote on boy patterns ;) I'm feeling green tractors, but there are so many great ones!

I have the EXACT SAME question! DS is outgrowing his "one size" fitteds, but isn't even 2 yet. he's boarderline between ML and L and I can't decide either...

boysniris 03-22-2013 10:10 AM

I ADORE Poppy Fields diapers! ! ! :drif: My son PLed just as she launched, so couldn't justify buying :cry: but the prints I LOVE for a boy are Monsters, Pirates, Raccoons, and Summer Forest!

For sizing, I'd get ML if your LO is borderline on the rise of their current diapers, but not the width. I'd get L if they are really on the edge of both or if you want a lot of extra growing room.

c&w's mama 03-22-2013 10:43 AM

oh, the decisions :) so many prints (and I'm not print obsessed... until now)

Sounds like an L for us!

RockinLou- we're a year and a half, so I'm with you ;)

RockinLou 03-22-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 16423605)
For sizing, I'd get ML if your LO is borderline on the rise of their current diapers, but not the width. I'd get L if they are really on the edge of both or if you want a lot of extra growing room.

I only saw sizing by weight on the website, so I couldn't tell on the width... measurements would he helpful... I feel like everything I have in a L is big on him everything I have in a M is small on him, and sizing is always varied with pattern anyway and some of my "L" diapers are 6-8 years old and have no tags ... so I have no idea where they came from, and the one with a tag apparantly went out of business loooong ago, which is too be because that Fuzzy Fannies pocket I have is pretty adorable and the ONLY pocket I've hung onto all these years. It's vintage :giggle:

Anyway, I digress.... I definitely would want this diaper to last, so I tend to size up...

holocene 03-22-2013 02:13 PM

I have a 35 inch, 28 lber and the rise of the ML is perfect, maybe even slightly too high. We can still use one of the cross over snaps too!

My favorite print is happy cows, or blue rhinos!

c&w's mama 03-22-2013 06:21 PM

oh, I'm enjoying this dilemma :)

very similar size... maybe I do want ML... or do I do L with the snap down rise?

Now I'm on the firemen... but I've loved tractors from the start...

(you'd think I was buying a car :) but this is more fun)

Bump2b 03-22-2013 06:26 PM

The ML and L have the same rise, only the width is different...there are pics on the buy swap trade group on facebook and comparison pics of the different sizes...and on Monday they are doing a 3 for $90 deal ( wish I had known before I ordered 5!).

greencrunchymama 03-22-2013 06:45 PM

I would probably go with a large for some growing room, but ML would probably work well too. :)

d_arnold 03-22-2013 07:54 PM

The only thing I didn't like about previous printed fitteds was the print really seemed to fade fast. Does it not fade on these?