Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502377)

tedcgh 03-22-2013 08:06 AM

:welcome:
This group is designed for those of us over 30 yrs of age. We have a different TTC journey than our younger counterparts & many of us encounter challenges along the way to our coveted BFP. We invite all to join us as we offer advice, support & encouragement to each other through these challenges, as well as celebrating those joyful BFPs.
:bliss:
While this thread is not necessarily labeled as a "struggling TTC" thread, we do ask that if you choose to join us that you remain mindful of the challenges that many of our members are experiencing when posting about BFPs. We are excited to celebrate everyone's BFP, though it can often be a sensitive issue for those for whom it has not been so easy. If anyone of our graduates want to update, we would love to hear from you as well. Before posting pregnancy updates, we do ask that you catch up and wait to post if any mamas are currently going through a loss. :goodvibes

Click here to see common acronyms used in this forum.

Question of the week:
What spring activities are you looking forward to?
Anyone can answer the question! And if you have suggestions for the QOTW send me a PM. :)

In RED, tell me: Your handle (and your name and/or age if you would like). We also like to chart stalk, so if you want to share your chart, I will add it to the list.

:waiting: MEMBERS:waiting:
mkbdvm (Melissa) age 38
SVazquez (Sylvia)
Choffman age 30
angilles (Angela) age 38
clnapoli (Courtney) age 31
Farmer's Wife (Jill) age 33
hadyn'smommy (Jaime) age 36
NewbieSAHM (Amber) age 32
marykatmp- age 30
mhschool6 (Hannah) age 33
TonyKariTony (Karina) age 33
tedcgh (Tiffany) age 31
JCPACandMommy (Carissa) age 31
carriek38 (Carrie) age 34
puppydog age 31
MyGloryLife (Minda) age 33
sweetgrace (Tawny) age 35
Augusthope (Rachel) age 31
Craftin'Diva (Jeri) age 31
sydjackmom (Laura)
Rachelrhin0 (30)
HeatherMac603 (Heather) age 30
beckstar (Becky) age 37
fishingfor5 (Tori) age 41

:cheer: CHEERLEADERS :cheer:
kricket24 (Kristen) age 30
Kap7270 (Kristin) age 35
newmommy13 (Ingrid) age 31
Mirnavela (Monika) age 30
Layney82 age 30
Bee21 age 30
tandiwe76 age 35
pnutandmunchkin

Our Graduates!:thumbsup:
We love hearing from our graduates & hope you are having a HH9M!!!
Chrristylkeller (Christy) age 36
hcokasil (Lisa) age 32 EDD 3/15/13
amb2j (April) age 30 EDD 3/10/13
amcess721 (Andrea) age 31 EDD 3/25/13
rverrone (Rina) age 33 EDD 4/5/13
Sylvie89 (Kaycie) age 37 EDD 5/1/13
adensmom (Latisa) age 36 EDD 5/27/13
Elsie Cayare (Lindsey) age 30 EDD 6/2/13
babygirls2 (Kim) age 31 EDD 6/4/13
txmommytobe age 34 EDD 6/6/13
helen/willownz age 33 EDD 6/11/13- Baby Boy Benjamin born 1/17/2013 @19 weeks
812ajack (Alicia) age 35 EDD 6/12/13
SpartyGaurd (Sarah) age 32 EDD 6/25/13
love4leon (Rebecca) age 37
mvp529 (Misty) age 35 EDD 8/3/13
leviandgarettsmom (Deanna) age 40 EDD 7/21/13
Maddalena (April) age 37 EDD 8/14/13
cormama (Corinne) age 35 EDD 10/2/13
ankc age 35
JuniperVT (Kathlin) age 32
flmama02
pumpkinseeds
katiecornflakes (Kate) age 31 EDD 11/19/13

tedcgh 03-22-2013 08:12 AM

Re: TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5

New thread is up. Please update me if you are not on the list or you are listed in the wrong area. FX for everyone!

I am most looking forward to camping. Last Friday it was 83 today it is 20 and snowing. I am a winter girl, but I am ready for the weather to make up it's mind so I can pull the tent out. We have a couple music festivals that we are going to this year and I can't wait!

Not much going on here. Taking it one day at a time. Enjoying my family and spending some extra time with DH. We realized that we have been kind of apart for awhile. Even though neither one of us were unhappy, but decided we better intentionally spend some time together. So we have been learning to enjoy something that the other likes.

carriek38 03-22-2013 08:35 AM

I'm not a camper; I get eaten alive by bugs...for vacations we usually rent a house in the Catskills (I can't WAIT to take DD this year in July); one year I ended up with black fly bites on the soles of my feet b/c it was the only place not covered in chemical-laden bug spray. But b/c of the OT thread, I found myself thinking about a tow-behind camper :giggle: DP has promised DD that we'll get a small tent so the two of them can "camp" in the back yard, though & I think I might be looking forward to the quiet evenings in the house by myself ;) Anyway, it's hard to say when spring will really get here or how long it will last (NY is unpredictable that way)...I think I'm most looking forward to putting the garden in this year. We've been so busy the last couple of years that we've just done a couple tomato plants, but DD is old enough to help (or at least not hinder :giggle:) & I want to do it up right this year. We only have a small garden, so some herbs, tomatoes, zucchini, cukes, maybe green beans, and I might try some greens in containers this year.

At this point, I'm just waiting...beta's next week, I'm still getting faint positives on WM cheapies (totally expected, today is 10dp trigger shot, plus the iuhcg), but I'm only 3dpt, so... Anyway, I'm so tired. Like, unbelievably tired. I don't think it pg sx, I think I'm just run down. I normally have some pretty bad insomnia & average 5-6 hrs of sleep per night, but most of this week, I've been nodding off on the couch by 9, making it hard to finish the cowl I'm test knitting :banghead: DP started giving me the progesterone in oil shots the doctor ordered & is totally freaked by it, which I think is a little funny b/c it doesn't bother me at all. Ho hum, I'll update again when something actually happens :chuckle:

tedcgh 03-22-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carriek38
I'm not a camper; I get eaten alive by bugs...for vacations we usually rent a house in the Catskills (I can't WAIT to take DD this year in July); one year I ended up with black fly bites on the soles of my feet b/c it was the only place not covered in chemical-laden bug spray. But b/c of the OT thread, I found myself thinking about a tow-behind camper :giggle: DP has promised DD that we'll get a small tent so the two of them can "camp" in the back yard, though & I think I might be looking forward to the quiet evenings in the house by myself ;) Anyway, it's hard to say when spring will really get here or how long it will last (NY is unpredictable that way)...I think I'm most looking forward to putting the garden in this year. We've been so busy the last couple of years that we've just done a couple tomato plants, but DD is old enough to help (or at least not hinder :giggle:) & I want to do it up right this year. We only have a small garden, so some herbs, tomatoes, zucchini, cukes, maybe green beans, and I might try some greens in containers this year.

At this point, I'm just waiting...beta's next week, I'm still getting faint positives on WM cheapies (totally expected, today is 10dp trigger shot, plus the iuhcg), but I'm only 3dpt, so... Anyway, I'm so tired. Like, unbelievably tired. I don't think it pg sx, I think I'm just run down. I normally have some pretty bad insomnia & average 5-6 hrs of sleep per night, but most of this week, I've been nodding off on the couch by 9, making it hard to finish the cowl I'm test knitting :banghead: DP started giving me the progesterone in oil shots the doctor ordered & is totally freaked by it, which I think is a little funny b/c it doesn't bother me at all. Ho hum, I'll update again when something actually happens :chuckle:

I hope our garden turns out this year. We have so far learned that we have black thumbs. We haven't even had success with composting. Some people claim it is so easy. Last year we were given a turning drum composer and it still turned out horrible. The only thing that happened was mold.
I think camper camping is still camping, just a different form. When we camp at my parents we stay in their camper with full hook ups and AC. We might tent camp, but we always stay somewhere with shower some sort of "toilet".

I am sure you are ran down. Between all of the time you have to run around, DP being out of town, now progesterone shots, that would wear anyone out. FX that some of it is from little beans snuggling in.

beckstar 03-22-2013 11:20 AM

i love to camp, but in a very car camping kind of way. love renting rv's and parking by the beach in ventura...hubs and i are definitely thinking of buying a pop up trailer big enough for us all...i hope that works out.

as for our spring break, i think we'll end up in san francisco for at least 4 days. san diego was our original destination, but it's not going to be warm enough to sit by the pool or beach...it's so much closer though!

carrie, i really hope the fatigue is something good! progesterone can cause lots of sleepiness tho so it's so hard to discern...

tiffany, we are black thumbs too! well hubs is good w/ plants but has no time to help garden...even our compost bin just sits there full of food scraps im too conscientious to throw away...yet ive only gotten compost from it ONCE in FOUR YEARS...lol.

we have garden beds already built, so im just gonna go for it again and hope for the best. i bought a topsy turvy from the dollar tree so that baby's goin' up this next week...

as for my 2ww...ughhhhhhhhhhh whyyyyyyyyy so looooooooongggggggg to find out im not pg. i feel like the guy from the movie clerks that keeps saying 'im not even supposed to be here today'! but like...IM NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 2WW THIS TIME. haha. who do i think i'm kidding?

tedcgh 03-22-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckstar (Post 16423896)
i love to camp, but in a very car camping kind of way. love renting rv's and parking by the beach in ventura...hubs and i are definitely thinking of buying a pop up trailer big enough for us all...i hope that works out.

as for our spring break, i think we'll end up in san francisco for at least 4 days. san diego was our original destination, but it's not going to be warm enough to sit by the pool or beach...it's so much closer though!

carrie, i really hope the fatigue is something good! progesterone can cause lots of sleepiness tho so it's so hard to discern...

tiffany, we are black thumbs too! well hubs is good w/ plants but has no time to help garden...even our compost bin just sits there full of food scraps im too conscientious to throw away...yet ive only gotten compost from it ONCE in FOUR YEARS...lol.

we have garden beds already built, so im just gonna go for it again and hope for the best. i bought a topsy turvy from the dollar tree so that baby's goin' up this next week...

as for my 2ww...ughhhhhhhhhhh whyyyyyyyyy so looooooooongggggggg to find out im not pg. i feel like the guy from the movie clerks that keeps saying 'im not even supposed to be here today'! but like...IM NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 2WW THIS TIME. haha. who do i think i'm kidding?

Well I am glad that I am not the only one that cannot compost. :giggle2:
Go for the pop up. We really want one too, it would just make things easier, but we do have a super easy tent that takes less than 5 minutes to set up. I like the idea of being able to completely pack the pop up at home. Get there set it up and be ready. Instead of having to unload the car and try to organize once we get to where are going.

I would be going crazy too. Stupid 2ww. :lostit:

mhschool6 03-22-2013 03:35 PM

mhschool6
Hannah- and I am 33

I live in FL. So we have had spring weather all winter! ;) Don't kick me, lol! But I have to say I am looking forward to not freezing my buns off in the water at the beach and pool!

And I am super hoping for a BFP this spring. :) I am on CD 56.

mhschool6 03-22-2013 03:35 PM

Can you add me to the list? I can't seem to figure out the color thing!!

tedcgh 03-22-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhschool6
Can you add me to the list? I can't seem to figure out the color thing!!

I added you!

CD 56! Sorry about the long cycle. That is so hard. Both of my kiddos came after long cycles. DD was 9 months without a cycle and DS was 6 months! I actually had an appointment to discuss inducing a cycle the day I tested and found out I was pregnant with him.

Farmer's Wife 03-23-2013 12:11 AM

Farmer's Wife (Jill)-33

This spring I am hoping for a BFP!! And looking forward to starting construction on an addition to our house! We need good weather for that and it's been nothing but rain in my end of the world. I live on the west coast of Canada, near Vancouver BC. Very wet place :)