Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pertussis Vaccine (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502681)

Zipfelmuetze 03-23-2013 04:37 AM

Pertussis Vaccine

Who got the Pertussis vaccine during pregnancy? Who got theirs right after labor?

CntryMama 03-23-2013 05:18 AM

Re: Pertussis Vaccine

I really thought about this one... I almost got it during pregnancy but only because I garden and ton and have not been up to date on tetanus. After a bunch of reading and thinking I just dont feel like there has been many studies done of the affects on a growing baby - so, I am going to take the risk and wait till after birth. I TRY to wear gloves when gardening but oh how I love being bare foot and having my fingers in the soil...

Zipfelmuetze 03-23-2013 05:46 AM

It is indeed such a hard choice. My pediatrician brought it up at our first meeting and my O.B. has never brought it up. Now I can't wait to ask my O.B. at my next appointment about what she thinks.

l_Kimmie_l 03-23-2013 06:13 AM

I got mine after giving birth. That was when my MW offered it. I was very fine with doing it. Infact, everyone in my family got that vax before the baby came to protect him. Even DH got it.

cinderella08 03-23-2013 09:19 PM

I'm still researching it. If I end up getting it, it will be immediately after delivery - not during pregnancy....

lynn97 03-23-2013 09:46 PM

I got it right after I delivered DS. That is the standard with our hospital system. They never even offered it during Pregnancy but I wouldn't have taken it then.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lynn97 03-23-2013 09:47 PM

Oh, and it was a nonnegotiable for me too. DH and I both got it as we felt it was absolutely the best thing for our baby.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mysticmomma1879 03-23-2013 10:39 PM

None ever.

qsefthuko 03-23-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CntryMama (Post 16426414)
I really thought about this one... I almost got it during pregnancy but only because I garden and ton and have not been up to date on tetanus. After a bunch of reading and thinking I just dont feel like there has been many studies done of the affects on a growing baby - so, I am going to take the risk and wait till after birth. I TRY to wear gloves when gardening but oh how I love being bare foot and having my fingers in the soil...

I've probably had it and was exposed to it when my kids got the disease 9 years ago. I did not get any vaccines during or after my children were born. I don't think I was offered any. May have though and just don't remember.

I was just wondering what pertussis has to do with gardening with or without gloves.

BeccaSueCongdon 03-23-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko

I've probably had it and was exposed to it when my kids got the disease 9 years ago. I did not get any vaccines during or after my children were born. I don't think I was offered any. May have though and just don't remember.

I was just wondering what pertussis has to do with gardening with or without gloves.

The tdap vaccine (the one given to adults) has a tetanus AND pertussis vaccine combined, along with diphtheria. Gardening = potential tetanus exposure.