Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How much would you pay? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502743)

Jenyquintero17 03-23-2013 10:32 AM

How much would you pay?

How much would you be willing to pay for the hard to find prints? Like say, BumGenius Artists Series?! I don't want to screw or be screwed haha so I'd like a ballpark idea. I'm new to this selling game and as they are hard to find its not easy findings any posts to compare them to! Thanks for your help :)

abunchoflemons 03-23-2013 11:34 AM

Sounds like my fbos I love. I would be willing to pay 10.00 per diaper or less as demand is down on mine but also slightly more as very valuable to me so like 13.00 even for used.

RealMommyLife 03-23-2013 11:38 AM

I'd say go $2 higher than solid ones going in the same condition. You won't screw anyone. If they don't think it's fair they will make you an offer.

DiaperDiva 03-23-2013 11:39 AM

Re: How much would you pay?

I would do it this way:
If it's like new, then the price you paid for it brand new.
If it's gently used, then the price you would have listed it for if it was "like new" and wasn't a rare print (so basically charging like it's one up better quality).
If it's used, then like it's gently used.
if it's well-loved, then like it's used.
if it's falling apart, then like it was well loved.
etc

DiaperDiva 03-23-2013 11:40 AM

Other things you could do:

Raffle it off:
Say $1 to buy a raffle ticket, raffle winner gets the diaper. (put a cap on how many raffle tickets will be available. Maybe 20 or 30.)

Bid it out:
Start bidding maybe at $10. To bid up it the previous bid has to be increased by at least $1. If you do this through ebay, you could also offer a buy it now feature at a price that you think is a little high but might be worth it to an eager buyer (maybe $30)

sandhillcranes 03-23-2013 11:42 AM

Doh, realized u were selling not buying :giggle: ignore me

elle'smom 03-23-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenyquintero17
How much would you be willing to pay for the hard to find prints? Like say, BumGenius Artists Series?! I don't want to screw or be screwed haha so I'd like a ballpark idea. I'm new to this selling game and as they are hard to find its not easy findings any posts to compare them to! Thanks for your help :)

Depends on if they are pockets or BGE's. I have seen Artist BGE's sell for 40-50 on the BG B/S/T page on FB. Depends on their condition as well.

Jenyquintero17 03-24-2013 12:28 AM

Thanks for your responses everyone. They are pockets and they still work but the aplix is not in the best condition. I just worry someone will be angry or think I'm crazy for my prices. Haha I worry too much