Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Washing in Warm Water (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502747)

webMistress 03-23-2013 11:59 AM

Washing in Warm Water

Does anyone do this? I just bought some Poppy Fields diapers & it says wash on warm. It's never occurred to me to wash on anything but hot.

March 03-23-2013 12:40 PM

Oh, gosh, if ANYTHING in my house gets pee or poop on it, it gets washed on hot. I couldn't do warm. Gag.

mommytoreanne 03-23-2013 12:56 PM

Re: Washing in Warm Water

I use warm 90% of the time. Most washers do not get hot enough to kill germs And the sun and the dryer kill germs. my hot on my washer is not rhot enought to kill any thing but my light bill. I have never had a problem washing in warm.

March 03-23-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytoreanne
I use warm 90% of the time. Most washers do not get hot enough to kill germs And the sun and the dryer kill germs. my hot on my washer is not rhot enought to kill any thing but my light bill. I have never had a problem washing in warm.

Ahh, you're right that washers mix cold into even the hot cycle, but that's why I turn the cold spigot off for hot cycles, then turn it back on for rinse cycles. ;) It scalds diapers, towels, kitchen cloth, family cloth, cloth menstrual pads, and linens with 140 degree water. When I started doing that, everything got so much cleaner.

2much2luv 03-23-2013 01:07 PM

I shut the cold off during diaper washes too.

Warm washes wouldn't scare me, I just like the idea of hot washes more.

mommycissa 03-23-2013 01:18 PM

How do you shut the cold off momentarily like that?

2much2luv 03-23-2013 02:40 PM

There's an on/off switch on the pipe.

TheCoach'sWife 03-23-2013 02:44 PM

Just saying, hot water is usually not installed on washers overseas. I'm sure there are PLENTY of women who wash on warm with no issues. And the one's who handwash....

The soap is what is cleaning. Not the hot water.

TheCoach'sWife 03-23-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytoreanne (Post 16427348)

And this :)

crunchyNurseMommy 03-23-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytoreanne

This is us too. Even on a hot wash it only gets about 90 degrees.