Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What is going on?! (sickness related) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1503133)

Mrsfroberg 03-24-2013 07:07 PM

What is going on?! (sickness related)

Ok, bear with me please. This may get long.

On the 1st Ds1 threw up in the morning, but was fine after that. Didn't seem sick, no other symptoms. On the night of the 5th, Ds2 got sick 3 times. Once on the 6th, and once on the 7th. Dd3 also got sick once on the 6th. We were then in the clear for 12 days. On the 17th, Dd3 got sick once, and then again on the 19th (three times in an hour). Dh got sick that night and so did the twins (ds2 and dd3), Ds1 again on the 20th, just once, but was pretty rotten feeling the rest of the day. We were good for almost 5 days. But Ds2 got sick AGAIN tonight. But, he also broke out in a rash on his cheeks and chin.

The twins just started milk (still nursing, they turned 1 on the 13th), maybe drinking half a sippy a day. Today he drank almost an entire sippy throughout the day. Everyone was on the BRAT diet until they were vomit free for 24 hours, and I tried to keep it pretty bland for the next 24 hours, JIC. Could ds2 be having a reaction to the milk today? Reflux? After the vomiting came back after the 12 day break I've spent SO much time bleaching, washing, cloroxing, etc... I really thought we were in the clear.

I have such a huge fear of vomit that this is starting to take a serious emotional toll on me. :( I can't take much more. I'm planning on calling the doc in the morning. This 3 weeks of on again off again vomiting has got to come to an end. I just wanted some insight!

7mom7 03-24-2013 09:06 PM

Re: What is going on?! (sickness related)

Do you have them on probiotics or vitamin D? I'd probably try to strengthen their immune system and help them fight it off. Was there fever with the vomit? If not, could it be food poisoning?

I'd be concerned about the rash and try to identify the source. I'm not a big fan of cow's milk because no one in my family seems to tolerate it. It causes tummy issues for some and really thick mucus for others but no one gets a rash.

7mom7 03-24-2013 09:07 PM

DP

Mrsfroberg 03-25-2013 08:17 AM

No probiotics, but I think I'm going to pick some up. Everyone else seems to be fine. Ds2's rash is much lighter this morning. No fevers for anyone. It's been almost a month and I'm just loosing my mind!

The doctor this morning said just to watch him and there is nothing they can do (I called in). He isn't vomiting constantly, doesn't have diarrhea diapers for more than a couple of days. It's most likely just a virus he can't kick. But for three weeks?! blah.

l_Kimmie_l 03-25-2013 11:51 AM

My 4 yr old did the same thing. He vomited 3 times about 3 weeks ago, then seemed fine. Last week he did it again. He did have diarrhea for a few days too. It sucked. I am not afraid of vomit though, so I am sure it is worse in your house. My other kids never got it either.

kgmom 03-25-2013 05:58 PM

Strep? It can cause intermittent upset stomach as well as rashes. Doesn't always come with a really sore throat, either.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum