Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Flats users, another question...please help! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1503428)

epanouie 03-25-2013 04:56 PM

Flats users, another question...please help!

How do you keep flats from bunching up in the crotch and getting poop on the cover? I have been experimenting and failing...:( I use pad fold, angel wing fold, origami fold. Any time LO pees and poops the pee area bunches up and poop gets on cover. :p

ReadingRenee 03-25-2013 06:12 PM

Re: Flats users, another question...please help!

A doubler might help to make that area thicker. When its so thin its easy to bunch up. It will bunch up with padfolding no matter what you do though. Or you could try doubling your flats, i find that really bulky though.
Also, my favorite fold is the kite fold jelly rolled. That seems to maintain a good bulk through the crotch. But, using a doubler definitely helps.

crazyeyesmcgee 03-25-2013 06:28 PM

Origami fold with a fleece liner? That seems to do the trick for us...

blondeviolin 03-25-2013 06:42 PM

We kite fold and fasten with boingos side snap style. If I fasten up front and not at the hips, bunching is a lot more likely.

bobbs7 03-25-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadingRenee (Post 16434945)
A doubler might help to make that area thicker. When its so thin its easy to bunch up. It will bunch up with padfolding no matter what you do though. Or you could try doubling your flats, i find that really bulky though.
Also, my favorite fold is the kite fold jelly rolled. That seems to maintain a good bulk through the crotch. But, using a doubler definitely helps.

This. We do the kite fold jelly rolled. When you go to pull the wings tight, make sure LO's leg is flat. It makes for a tight fit around the legs.

epanouie 03-25-2013 08:37 PM

Oh my goodness...kite fold is going to change my baby's diapering life! ;) I missed that one somewhere along the way...thanks, mamas!!

parterasd 03-26-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondeviolin (Post 16435039)
We kite fold and fasten with boingos side snap style. If I fasten up front and not at the hips, bunching is a lot more likely.

Exactly

ReadingRenee 03-26-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epanouie (Post 16435446)
Oh my goodness...kite fold is going to change my baby's diapering life! ;) I missed that one somewhere along the way...thanks, mamas!!

Yay! Glad it is helping! Also I forgot to mention that I also do the side snapping boingo style. It makes SUCH a difference! Love it. :)

epanouie 03-26-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadingRenee

Yay! Glad it is helping! Also I forgot to mention that I also do the side snapping boingo style. It makes SUCH a difference! Love it. :)

Yes, it does!!! :) I had some boingos just sitting around, and am so glad to have a great use for them now!! :)

mjhunter 03-26-2013 01:30 PM

I also have really like the diaper bag fold for no bunching.