Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   WTH Victoria's Secret???????? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1503770)

tink90 03-26-2013 08:11 PM

WTH Victoria's Secret????????

Yeah, people really don't have a hard enough time keeping their girls innocent....what we REALLY need is a new panty line targeted at tween and young teen girls that is full of lace, thongs and cheekies. Oh yes...."call me" on the crotch, and "let's make out" are phrases that should be in every 12 year old's vocabulary......wow......:yuck:

http://www.mom-101.com/2013/03/victo...for-teens.html

omgoodgravy 03-26-2013 08:17 PM

Re: WTH Victoria's Secret????????

OH WOW!!!!! I just bought my 11 yo DD boy shorts undies and felt like it was a little like living on the edge.

BTW NEVER on my KID even if I have to check her undies prior to departure every single day!

sma123 03-26-2013 08:23 PM

There's even one that says "feeling lucky" or something similar.

BNC 03-26-2013 08:29 PM

What ages are they aimed at? The link only says 14...which while young, isn't horrid. I was wearing thongs (and not sexually active or even dating) at 14...they were adult thongs that fit my adult sized body (and most 14 years olds fit into adult sizes so they can get them anywhere no just VS).

dagmomma 03-26-2013 08:31 PM

What you did not have these undies when you were 12?

ANYWHO--I think I had strawberry shortcake and smurfette on my undies. I dare you really seriously disgusting.

tink90 03-26-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sma123 (Post 16438942)
There's even one that says "feeling lucky" or something similar.

Yep.....

ktmelody 03-26-2013 08:36 PM

Its aimed at college aged girls. They have campus contests and collegiate stuff on their website.

Parents are the ones buying them for younger girls or they get them themselves with the money they get from babysitting and mom drops them off at the mall.

No way in hell would my girls wear those (they dont even wear thongs). And I know this because I still do their laundry and we share a dresser. Lol.

kelpie169 03-26-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmelody
Its aimed at college aged girls. They have campus contests and collegiate stuff on their website.

Parents are the ones buying them for younger girls or they get them themselves with the money they get from babysitting and mom drops them off at the mall.

No way in hell would my girls wear those (they dont even wear thongs). And I know this because I still do their laundry and we share a dresser. Lol.

Yeah this. It's not aimed at young teens. And honestly I've seen worse underwear at stores like Ross and tj max. Ae the undies tasteful? Eh, not really. But are they the end of the world horrible? No. It's not the actual underwear that's the problem...it's the way kids act today. Most kids are way more advanced than even I was at their age...and I'm barely out of that age myself. Meh...if they come out with some crotchless numbers and start marketing them for Tweens, yah I may have a problem. Otherwise...eh.

Mama*Kim 03-26-2013 08:46 PM

I wore thongs in middle and high school, but only for dance. Briefs are not flattering under jazz pants. :giggle: The sayings on these bother me more than anything. Yuck. I showed them to DH and his first response was, "makes me glad we have boys."

Leah52 03-26-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmelody (Post 16439000)

Exactly. Pink is for young women who are old enough to not need parental approval for their underwear. If your girls are young enough for you to be worried about what their underwear look like then don't let them buy this stuff. The slogans are tacky but that's nothing new for the fashion industry.