Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Help! I can't decide what training pants to get! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504174)

Aluckydenvermint 03-28-2013 12:29 PM

Help! I can't decide what training pants to get!

My 22 month old son has shown a ton of interest in learning to use the potty but taking a regular cd off every time he wants to "try" is just a huuuge pain in the butt! Any suggestions as to which to use? I've looked into it some and I like the idea of the grovia trainers and the antsy pants ones, but I don't personally know anyone using either. (I'm the weird friend who uses cloth in my group :thumbsup:).

So, I'd like to know what you gals would suggest! I would like to try to more natural fibers if I could but I'm on a pretty tight budget!

Thanks in advance!

Kelly3139 03-29-2013 05:15 PM

Re: Help! I can't decide what training pants to get!

I am following wondering the same thing for my DD.

BeccaSueCongdon 03-29-2013 08:43 PM

We went straight to Gerber training panties which aren't super absorbent. For trips out of the house we had flip trainers and blueberry trainers. I HATED the flips bc they never pulled up and down easily. I always had to snap them on and off each time or the insert would shift and not sit right. The blueberry were my favorite bc they had a pul layer. We also bough a pee protector for the car seat in case of accidents. I bought two so I could always have one on while one was in the wash.

DottieHarley 03-30-2013 09:23 AM

DD is just a bit older and we are doing pt as much as possible. Around the house she is in gerber trainers or straight up undies - as long as we are on the main level w/o carpets lol. Out and about i will put her in a TTT trainer with pul-backed soaker which will pretty much hold one pee. I find that the wetter she feels - and esp if she can see it, undies dont hold anything - the faster she "gets" it.
Eta if she is in a gerber trainer i will sometimes just put an empty pocket dipe over it fir a quick trip out.

litlckrets 03-30-2013 12:20 PM

My youngest just turned 2. We use the 2T gerber undies at home. For away, we use medium Blueberry trainers which work well. Best Bottoms now makes a great daytime trainer, too! They are awesome. There is a waterproof shell with snap in inserts. They aren't bulky and they look like underwear. I wish I would have bought all of those as our away from home trainers.

For nighttime, we use Ladder Hill Designs Nighttime Trainers (on hyenacart). They are awesome for night.

Aluckydenvermint 03-31-2013 07:42 PM

Thanks! I have a few pairs of the Gerber ones and he loves um so I'll try some of those other too!

ladiebug2663 04-03-2013 07:33 AM

I have a ton of trainers. Blueberry no good. Grovia are good for outings, they hold a entire pee with out leaking. Charliebanana swim diapers hold a pee for amfew minutes, enough to get to a bathroom. Ecoposh, will hold a entire pee for a minute, good for home but not for clothes. At home i have gerbers trainers and luvable friends, luvable friends have wider legs and make self dressing easier.

ladiebug2663 04-03-2013 07:34 AM

I have a ton of trainers. Blueberry no good. Grovia are good for outings, they hold a entire pee with out leaking. Charliebanana swim diapers hold a pee for amfew minutes, enough to get to a bathroom. Ecoposh, will hold a entire pee for a minute, good for home but not for clothes. At home i have gerbers trainers and luvable friends, luvable friends have wider legs and make self dressing easier.

Earthy Crunchy Mama 06-08-2013 01:45 PM

I love super undies! Flips are also nice.

umajo 07-18-2013 10:02 PM

I like the superundies pocket trainers for when I need something diaper-like. They have side snaps toward the back and a pocket to add absorbancy. However because of the pocket, the inserts can get moved around while pulling the trainer up. So I need to doing the pulling up and make sure things aren't all bunched up.

I also am loving bummis potty pants. They are very trim but will hold a smallish pee for a while. They are all one piece, so nothing to shift around. They are better for when you are actively training and want to keep a puddle off the floor.