Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   No good will come from this thread - talk me DOWN mamas... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504194)

mg5g 03-28-2013 01:28 PM

No good will come from this thread - talk me DOWN mamas...

:giggle2:
Ever feel like you are the only one here who isn't pre-chewing food for your kids, wearing natural hemp clothes and babywearing your five year old???

I REALLY am not one to stir the pot but I feel like I need to stand up on the table and scream ... MY KID IS WEARING A SPOSIE :lostit:

I feel like such a sham (IE fake - not SAHM spelled wrong) :giggle2: You know mama of 5 who homeschools on a farm SOUNDS so crunchy - I don't even own birkensocks AND I drive an SUV!

Sorry I think this is a kidney stone induced insanity thread ... resume your normal lives everyone.

Antebellum 03-28-2013 01:32 PM

Re: No good will come from this thread - talk me DOWN mamas...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom1mg (Post 16444672)
:giggle2:
Ever feel like you are the only one hear who isn't pre-chewing food for your kids, wearing natural hemp clothes and babywearing your five year old???

I REALLY am not one to stir the pot but I feel like I need to stand up on the table and scream ... MY KID IS WEARING A SPOSIE :lostit:

I feel like such a sham (IE fake - not SAHM spelled wrong) :giggle2: You know mama of 5 who homeschools on a farm SOUNDS so crunchy - I don't even own birkensocks AND I drive an SUV!

Sorry I think this is a kidney stone induced insanity thread ... resume your normal lives everyone.

:roflmbo: Well since you started it.... I HAVE 2 KIDS IN SPOSIES AS WE SPEAK!!!! I've been too lazy to do laundry today and we ran out of cloth :/ oops.

mg5g 03-28-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmama (Post 16444686)
:roflmbo: Well since you started it.... I HAVE 2 KIDS IN SPOSIES AS WE SPEAK!!!! I've been too lazy to do laundry today and we ran out of cloth :/ oops.

Ah true confessions of those who couldn't cut it at being crunchy :)

sisu 03-28-2013 01:36 PM

Ha, my kid has been in sposies for 2 weeks. Stomach bug, and this mama ain't got time for all that laundry. ;)

diana51 03-28-2013 01:36 PM

My baby is in a sposie too! We have the house on the market and can't have any extra odors. Also, our HE front loader is starting to act up so I really want it to last until it is someone else's problem. We will be much more crunchy in the next house, I swear!

Antebellum 03-28-2013 01:37 PM

we had grilled cheese (with processed cheese) and hotdogs for lunch:blush: I think I might need an intervention:giggle: lol, we all have our days.

mg5g 03-28-2013 01:39 PM

We're going on two months ... bad rash and then I got sick and then I stopped caring - lol

I was researching buying a cow today so we could have our own milk. You know cause normal people do that :) and I think I just stepped over my crunch threshold and now I want to eat a burger on a paper plate and buy throw away clothes - lol

YES INTERVENTION PLEASE ... I am laughing and raging at the same time. Do people on DS tend to stand up run around and scream after a few years???

Anna0623 03-28-2013 01:42 PM

lol! Love this thread my kids do not wear all natural clothing, most days we eat some form of processed/junk food. My kids eat non organic fruit because organic is too expensive! We do buy some organic items but when we have others expenses in the month like say a birthday, i buy cheaper foods. I also let my kids watch too much tv (dvds we dont have cable or anything like that) when im trying to get homework done. This is the only way they dont spend all day trying to kill each other.

mg5g 03-28-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna0623 (Post 16444734)
lol! Love this thread my kids do not wear all natural clothing, most days we eat some form of processed/junk food. My kids eat non organic fruit because organic is too expensive! We do buy some organic items but when we have others expenses in the month like say a birthday, i buy cheaper foods. I also let my kids watch too much tv (dvds we dont have cable or anything like that) when im trying to get homework done. This is the only way they dont spend all day trying to kill each other.

I LOVE the disclaimer that you don't have cable :giggle: and actually laughed out loud that you would kill each other - EXACTLY what I mean! I bought organic once ... because it was cheaper BUT it was fruit smoosh for toddlers so I don't think that it really counts as it was bribe food :) We eat a "natural"ish diet - whole wheat and whole foods with the occasional Mcdonalds for balance - lol. I couldn't do organic - I KNOW you should sacrifice to pay for it but I'd rather have a place to live. It's ok though I figure one of the five should turn out ok enough to support me in my old age :)

dagmomma 03-28-2013 01:49 PM

We have been eating jelly beans and marshmallows and not the ones from whole foods all week. My boys go to preschool and are on spring break and I am ready to scream! Not sure at who yet