Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Weird ear pain! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504328)

alyxmegan 03-28-2013 09:16 PM

Weird ear pain!

My ear is bugging me so bad but it isn't internal. I feel like the entrance into my ear canal is severely bruised. It started on my right ear and then when my right started feeling better my left stated hurting. If I put any pressure on my outer ear it hurts pretty bad. DH thinks its cause I clean my ears to much but I don't think that's it. I've been putting coconut oil on it but it isn't helping. Any ideas?

PBAki 03-28-2013 09:30 PM

Re: Weird ear pain!

I would see a doc if it's hurting that bad...and avoid putting anything in the ear until you find out what's causing it. Could be an infection.

Only 03-28-2013 09:32 PM

I second the doctor if you are in that much pain. Ouch. I hope you feel better.

omgoodgravy 03-28-2013 09:34 PM

Wonder if you have what I just had my oldest DD in for..she had similar ear pain. Turns out she had compacted ear wax bilaterally. Basically a big buildup of wax and was causing the entire ear to hurt. They did a warm water rinse and the gross wax came out. She felt better soon after.

alyxmegan 03-28-2013 09:38 PM

I'll make an appt to see if anything is wrong. I've always had ear problems. Mostly skin inside my ear not infections.

Hillargh 03-28-2013 09:42 PM

Do you use ear buds? Wear ear plugs? Sleep in glasses or with something on/in your ear? (That sounds weird but I've fallen asleep in headphones before and OW.)

Beyond that, I'm out of original ideas. I hope you feel better soon, though!

alyxmegan 03-28-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillargh
Do you use ear buds? Wear ear plugs? Sleep in glasses or with something on/in your ear? (That sounds weird but I've fallen asleep in headphones before and OW.)

Beyond that, I'm out of original ideas. I hope you feel better soon, though!

Nope nope nope and nope :p

keen1981 03-28-2013 09:54 PM

There's lymphnodes around there...

debcita429 03-28-2013 10:34 PM

I frequently have this problem. But I also have chronic sinusitis that will often "go" into the ear cavity. But often the outer ear huts even when the inner ear does not. For me, there isn't much to do but to try to lie on my back and on the side where the ear isn't presently hurting at night. I'm doing all sorts of things to try to gradually address the sinusitis as much as it can be addressed, but it has been stubborn. Sometimes the ear that hurts will also get very hot and red. (hugs)