Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Any signs of labor, or anything? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504482)

birdinhand 03-29-2013 02:37 PM

Any signs of labor, or anything?

How's everyone doing?

So far I would say no. But last night I started having a miniscule amount of mucous, which normally when pregnant, I have none.

Also my BHs have been coming with more back pain.

Who knows?

How about you?

steph410 03-29-2013 02:38 PM

Re: Any signs of labor, or anything?

I am 39 weeks today and had an OB appointment. She said I was 2cm.
I'm having stronger contractions but they are not very often or regular.

EmilytheStrange 03-29-2013 02:41 PM

I am contracting.. but I don't know if it's a sign of labor, really. Just hoping it's a sign of dilating.

So different from DD. I had no signs. Zilch, nada, thick and closed when my water broke.

so, to be sitting here feeling all these cramps is very different. And definitely some pressure.

but no way to know if I'll go tonight or in 2 weeks :)

babyrosie 03-29-2013 02:44 PM

Hmmm... I was induced with dd at 37 and some odd weeks so never experienced what it's like to go into labor so I am not sure. But I have a lot of rectal pressure, pooing every time I eat anything. Contractions that sometimes wrap around to my back, nausea. But I believe these are all just signs of late pregnancy. I have been woken in the night by very uncomfortable contracions about 3 nights this week that felt....significant. Otherwise I feel pretty good still. :) oh I am 37 1/2 weeks.

babyrosie 03-29-2013 02:47 PM

Oh yes and very crampy. Feels like I am gonna start my period, especially in the evenings and night.

NappyChappy 03-29-2013 04:31 PM

:banghead: I have contractions on and off all the time. I can get them going with nipple stimulation but they go away when I stop. I am thinking about pulling out my pump and trying that. I am becoming irritated with the whole situation. I thought I already lost my plug but my MW thinks I still have most of it to go- that what I lost was from the exam. I lost my before with DS 10 days before I had him. That just makes me want to cry. The weather was so amazing today it would have been a lovely day to have a baby.

I have had an increase in discharge/mucus and I have a ton of pressure.

EmilytheStrange 03-29-2013 04:45 PM

I've always understood that any 'home induction' methods will stop working as soon as you stop if your body isn't ready.... The breast pump will be the same as manual nipple stimulation, except it hurts more! We had to use that after my water broke and it was miserable.

I hope that your body does get ready soon as I know you're in pain and ready to have the baby out. but don't try too hard to force it or you might end up in a bad situation.

canadianbakers 03-29-2013 05:24 PM

I've been waking up with bad cramping and contractions for 2-3 hours, every night except one this week. I'm exhausted. But I'm sure nothing is happening/starting. Just stress related, I assume.

canadianbakers 03-29-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16449128)
I've always understood that any 'home induction' methods will stop working as soon as you stop if your body isn't ready

I've heard the same thing. That's pretty much why I don't bother doing anything myself!

MrsStripe 03-29-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 16449255)
I've been waking up with bad cramping and contractions for 2-3 hours, every night except one this week. I'm exhausted. But I'm sure nothing is happening/starting. Just stress related, I assume.

I had that with my last. For the last week I had a minimum of 2 hours of contractions a night that would stop on their own. That is when I decided to set an induction date. Not there yet for this one.