Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help! Almost 7yo is coming home from school with poopy underwear. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504547)

MyM&W 03-29-2013 07:54 PM

We didn't put her in kindergarten, she started 1st grade this school year. She did great in the beginning.

Well I noticed a couple months ago she was having some poo in her underwear when she got home. It happened few times then stopped and then shed have a few more...

Well now its almost a daily thing!! I can smell it whenever I get her in the car seat to go home. She gets embarrassed when I ask if she had an accident. I ask her when it happened and she says she didn't know. When I clean her up it is very dried on most of the time. I'm surprised she hasn't gotten any rashes.

She says that they are only allowed to use the bathroom if its an emergency. Which I can understand. We all know how kids at school like to go to the bathroom all the time lol.
I've told her having to poop IS an emergency.

She hasn't pooped once at school. I've asked her. She tries to hold it. How can I fix this? I don't want her to be the smelly kid. And I can't believe the teachers haven't smelt this and brought it up! Its all I can smell when she come near me.

I feel so bad for her. She's also been coming home with a bad attitude these last few weeks. Which isn't like her. And today she said she didn't want to go to school anymore and that she want to be homeschooled again. :-/ she loved school a month ago and couldn't wait to go!! :( something's up.

She will be 7 in may.
I've thrown out at least 3-4 pairs of underwear this month. We all know how not cheap kids underwear are lol

todzwife 03-29-2013 07:57 PM

Re: Help! Almost 7yo is coming home from school with poopy underwear.

Is it a lot or is it like skid marks? I know my kids STILL have a hard time wiping if it's messy.:yuck:

MyM&W 03-29-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todzwife (Post 16449670)
Is it a lot or is it like skid marks? I know my kids STILL have a hard time wiping if it's messy.:yuck:

At first it was a little. Its getting worse. Today it was a small pile and then she had a lot in her crack. It took me 3 baby wipe to clean up.

She wipes at home and we've never had an issue. Sometimes she will miss stuff but never this bad :(

Leanbh 03-29-2013 08:00 PM

My DS2, also 7, will not poop in school. It's because he's embarrassed. I don't really "get" it, but he just has a thing about it. He's a little shy, but not overly.

Last year was worse as the toilet was in the classroom. At least this year it's across the hall. I think he was afraid of pooping and other people hearing or something.

Is her toilet/bathroom in the classroom? Could this be a reason?

Leanbh 03-29-2013 08:02 PM

I would speak to the teacher about what the deal is with bathroom breaks. Normally there is a set time before or after lunch and then if they need to use it they ask for a bathroom break.

MyM&W 03-29-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanbh (Post 16449690)
My DS2, also 7, will not poop in school. It's because he's embarrassed. I don't really "get" it, but he just has a thing about it. He's a little shy, but not overly.

Last year was worse as the toilet was in the classroom. At least this year it's across the hall. I think he was afraid of pooping and other people hearing or something.

Is her toilet/bathroom in the classroom? Could this be a reason?

Yep they have one in the classroom....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanbh (Post 16449692)
I would speak to the teacher about what the deal is with bathroom breaks. Normally there is a set time before or after lunch and then if they need to use it they ask for a bathroom break.

Yeah I'm gonna have to do something. This stinks and I feel terrible for her.

keen1981 03-29-2013 08:11 PM

My friends son has this. Same age. And she kept thinking it wasn't the following and emotional or just plain squirts . After a year, she gets the X-ray to see impaction.

She has likely held it to the point of impacting. She will need to be flushed for 10 days to unstretch the colon. Cap full of miralx and limit binding foods. Lots of blue gaterade. Once you see blue poop, then she is flushed, but keep up the miralax.

You could confirm this with an xray

MyM&W 03-29-2013 08:13 PM

Yikes. I never thought of that...she poops everyday at home though. Could she still be impacted??

Leanbh 03-29-2013 08:14 PM

Ask her if she is concerned about the bathroom being in the classroom.......

doulamomma 03-29-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyM&W (Post 16449727)
Yikes. I never thought of that...she poops everyday at home though. Could she still be impacted??

If shes having normal poops at home, then shes not impacted, just a nervous pooper. Talking to her about it is the best thing to do.

Sent from my droid