Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   kawaii diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504936)

happiness 04-01-2013 08:13 AM

kawaii diapers?

How are kawaii diapers? Do they compare to BG and will they work with a newborn/small baby? Where is the best place to buy, looking to buy brand new? Thanks! (In the past I used BG and thirsties w/prefolds.)

smplmama 04-01-2013 08:56 AM

Re: kawaii diapers?

I bought 24 of them on a whim. Love them although they are not as trim as bumgenius. They fit more generously and have a taller rise. I haven't used them on a nb but, i can see them fitting a bigger nb after the cord falls off. I bought from theluvyourbaby.com which is their main site.

Magoo07 04-01-2013 09:00 AM

I think Kawaii are pretty good. The regular Kawaii will not fit a newborn. My 10 month old is 16lbs and our HD Kawaiis are still on the smallest rise setting!

The Kawaii pure and naturals are much smaller and I think would go from birth to close to a year for most babies.

They are similar to BG in that they have the extra pul at the belly area which is important to us since DD sleeps on her belly and I believe it helps prevent leaks. I think they've recently switched aplix, but if you can find square tab aplix on any of their diapers it has held up awesome for us.

You can buy directly from them which is cheapest but it could take 2-3 weeks to get to you. The website is theluvyourbaby.com

kirst 04-01-2013 12:30 PM

Another Kawaii fan here. As others have said, the regular OS pockets are too bulky on a small nb and not tall enough in the rise for large babies (like mine didn't fit past 23 lbs). The Pure and Naturals are quite small and would fit from 7-22 lbs.

The HD2s are really great for larger babies as have a higher rise and are good for daycare as have velcro...really strong durable velcro that stays strong. Like the PP says, they square tab velcro is the best. They are OS but were humungous on my son until about 12 lbs, when they started to fit well. They are bulkier than BG when stuffed with the mf inserts they come with, but if you substitute with other inserts (I like Thirsties hemp inserts and MotherEase cotton terry or bamboo liners) then they are very trim and very dependable for heavy wetters.

My son is a heavy wetter and can go 2.5 hours easily...has been left up to 4 hours at daycare without leaks ...not that I like that or do that to him at home :(

I got mine from luvyourbaby.com (and some from a seller on eBay that ships from there) but you get free shipping over $80 directly from the site.

Pixi6s 04-01-2013 02:28 PM

They are unlikely to fit a nb. I found the fit the same as BG (3.0 at least) the suede cloth was fine, but not as good as bg.

happiness 04-01-2013 02:38 PM

Thanks, I did not know they had their own website. I think any os pocket will not fit on a newborn. :( I was hoping this one would, and eliminate disposables or buying nb dipes.

77Lipen 04-01-2013 02:40 PM

They will To big for a newborn. I used them when my lo hit 10 lbs, but got a better fit at 12 lbs.
they are bulky, but work fine for me.
I bought 10 brand new from eBay for about 65.00, after tax (cause I'm in Canada) it worked out to 7.20 each, including 2 mf inserts per diaper

I like the inserts compared to others, they are fairly thin yet absorbent.

I can't compare to other diapers though. I don't have a lot of experience with other types.

jennayoung99 04-01-2013 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The pure and naturals will fit a newborn, but they aren't a true OS diaper. The actual OS diapers they make would not fit from birth tho. I'd look into the luvyourbaby.com website. They make quite a few different styles, here is an over view.

Attachment 138905

Hopefully its read able, its pretty tiny.

blondeviolin 04-01-2013 04:56 PM

If you want them quicker (sold from a US store) and don't mind paying a few cents more per diaper, you can buy them from superstash.net