Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Feeling bummed, sore and tired... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504967)

blondeviolin 04-01-2013 09:53 AM

Feeling bummed, sore and tired...

I don't normally post here, but I need to whine and I'm pretty sure y'all will get it.

This is baby 5 for me. We are excited about welcoming a new little one. I am not looking forward to change, though.

And I'm REALLY not looking forward to labor and delivery. My last two were extremely quick and painful. My toddler was also 9.5lbs! My OB said that this baby was feeling bigger than typical at 35 weeks, and he certainly moves with force and like he's big. I'm dreading the pain of more consistent contractions.

Not only that, but I'm dreading labor because my mom was supposed to come and now she's not because my dad is seriously ill. We have a good grandparently couple more than willing to come watch the kids, but I hate burdening them. Who knows how long labor will last? They'll be with the kids more than just watching them for a date or something...

AND, I don't want to really be in the hospital. I'm high risk and have no choice. But I don't want to be away from my kids and miss things.

And because of all of those feelings, I feel guilty like I'm not looking forward to this new baby!

Did I mention I'm sore and achey and low on patience?!

I'd like to get past this funk, though, because I'm 39wks and while I don't anticipate a baby till next week, the truth is, he could come this week too!

bai18176 04-01-2013 10:06 AM

Re: Feeling bummed, sore and tired...

:hugs: I know what you mean about change, oh and pretty much everything else:hugs: I'm sorry that your parents can't be there; that would be difficult. I wish I had something better to offer, but I can just agree that I'm sore, tired and irritable! It's a rather vicious cycle of guilt, but of course you'll feel better about it all when you get to hold your baby:goodvibes:

Sassybottoms 04-01-2013 10:19 AM

I with you! I may be popping this little one out tomorrow and all I can think of is all the things that still need to get done. I'm also thinking about how much more challenging it will be to get stuff done when baby is here. My youngest is 5 and I'm scared of how much its going to hurt. Thank goodness God let's us forget the pain! :) Don't feel guilty about allowing the older couple to help you. They wouldn't have offered if they didn't want to do it and it would probably make them feel wonderful knowing how much they are helping your family at this time.

canadianbakers 04-01-2013 11:12 AM

:bighug: mama. I think we're all feeling tired and sore and low on patience! I definitely am - and very stressed, too, with everything happening in the house. I feel like I'll never be able to get ready for Hiccup, even though I know that all the other stuff happening is part of getting ready.

I know how you're feeling, with the guilt feeling like you're not looking forward to baby. I have those feelings a lot, especially as we get closer and closer to baby-time.
I think, for me, it's because we weren't planning on any more babies. Elliana was our last... and then along came Hiccup. We're happy that he's coming, and excited to meet him... but at the same time I feel angry because all this stuff needs to happen to get ready for him - and he wasn't even supposed to be. Kwim?
Very guilt-inducing feelings and thoughts.

mibarra 04-01-2013 11:15 AM

So sorry mama! I was scared of the pain too. But with my new baby only a week old the memory of pain is already fading! I hope things work out for you and you have an easy labor!!!! :)

NappyChappy 04-01-2013 11:37 AM

I think everyone feels guilty at some point in pregnancy. I feel bad that I am more concerned about not being pregnant anymore than just the excitement of having a baby to hold. With DS the few days after birth were worst for me than labor or delivery. Not that they were pleasant but I was so shocked at how sore I was afterwards. But it became a distant memory pretty quickly. I do hope everyone has a great experience- I just remember to keep my mouth and mind relaxed so my bottom can open up.

steph410 04-01-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondeviolin (Post 16455238)
I don't normally post here, but I need to whine and I'm pretty sure y'all will get it.

This is baby 5 for me. We are excited about welcoming a new little one. I am not looking forward to change, though.

And I'm REALLY not looking forward to labor and delivery. My last two were extremely quick and painful. My toddler was also 9.5lbs! My OB said that this baby was feeling bigger than typical at 35 weeks, and he certainly moves with force and like he's big. I'm dreading the pain of more consistent contractions.

Not only that, but I'm dreading labor because my mom was supposed to come and now she's not because my dad is seriously ill. We have a good grandparently couple more than willing to come watch the kids, but I hate burdening them. Who knows how long labor will last? They'll be with the kids more than just watching them for a date or something...

AND, I don't want to really be in the hospital. I'm high risk and have no choice. But I don't want to be away from my kids and miss things.

And because of all of those feelings, I feel guilty like I'm not looking forward to this new baby!

Did I mention I'm sore and achey and low on patience?!

I'd like to get past this funk, though, because I'm 39wks and while I don't anticipate a baby till next week, the truth is, he could come this week too!

it's ok to vent here. some people just can't understand or are too far removed to really get it. I'm also having my fifth baby and I am fearful of the birth. trying to work through the fears in whatever way works for you is important, I have been trying for several weeks now (I'm due on Friday). I wish you all the best with all the challenges!!

blondeviolin 04-02-2013 03:21 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm feeling better today. It seems sometimes complaining is just what I need to do. Lol

On the bummer side, all of my older kids just popped up with strep. :( Just what I need, right?!

canadianbakers 04-02-2013 05:20 PM

Sorry about the strep! But glad you're feeling better!