Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   April UYS chatter thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1505801)

MommyLyssa 04-04-2013 07:08 AM

April UYS chatter thread

Here is where the chatting for the game happens!

Rdesonia 04-04-2013 12:28 PM

Re: April UYS chatter thread

Thanks for hosting Alyssa!

MamaDawn 04-04-2013 01:52 PM

Thank you! Since we didn't know who if anyone was going to host until late does everyone start on the 4th (today) or if we signed up today do we start with the 1st?

Rdesonia 04-04-2013 02:31 PM

I would imagine the game began today so only stuff from April 4th on counts.... Not that it matters to me as I've been dyeing and just actually started to sew something today. Of course none of it counts for the game as it is to sell. But I dyed this last night.... It is my new favorite!
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8253/8...7b8f8bc39e.jpg

MamaDawn 04-04-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdesonia (Post 16466623)
I would imagine the game began today so only stuff from April 4th on counts.... Not that it matters to me as I've been dyeing and just actually started to sew something today. Of course none of it counts for the game as it is to sell. But I dyed this last night.... It is my new favorite!
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8253/8...7b8f8bc39e.jpg

That's what I thought but just wanted to check :thumbsup:

:loveit: that! It's beautiful!

I'm organizing my yarn and getting pics of everything... I have a big pile to sell or donate...

MommyLyssa 04-04-2013 06:06 PM

If everyone wants we can make everything 6 day weeks a to make the tune even? Or we can just leave it as is

fawnlovesjasper 04-05-2013 04:47 AM

Doesn't matter, I put in the 1st through the 3rd when I made my post in the points thread, but I haven't sewn anything so it doesn't matter that they are even there...lol.

We have spent most of February and March doing some remodeling, tore out a wall, replaced some rough walls, painted almost every room in the house, we have stained wood and cut it to make all the trim. We are far from done, but the biggest jobs are done.. we still have lots more trim to take care of, but I will have more time for crafting! YAY!

MommyLyssa 04-05-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fawnlovesjasper (Post 16468129)
Doesn't matter, I put in the 1st through the 3rd when I made my post in the points thread, but I haven't sewn anything so it doesn't matter that they are even there...lol.

We have spent most of February and March doing some remodeling, tore out a wall, replaced some rough walls, painted almost every room in the house, we have stained wood and cut it to make all the trim. We are far from done, but the biggest jobs are done.. we still have lots more trim to take care of, but I will have more time for crafting! YAY!

I love that sort of stuff!!! We are redo-ing our porch this month. I am slowly doing all the demo (husband has been working during the day and I have no patience), and then next week we will hopefully start building, although I thin the demo will be harder than I think (we are taking down cemented stairs. My husband will be smashing them to bits slowly...poor guy!)

MamaDawn 04-05-2013 08:05 AM

Sommer I bet it looks awesome, you should post pics...

Alyssa are you all going to rent something to help take the steps down?

I'd love to add a deck to our house... especially is it's partially covered, then I could sit in the shad or the sun, but before that we are going to finish our basement so I can have a school room there. :goodvibes: That will be awesome!

So I didn't realize until last night that it took me 6 hours to sort though organize, photograph, and make a list of all my yarn... now I just need to get it all up on Nimblestix.... I think I'll do a little bit at a time for that... but at least now they each have a place and are all in their place :thumbsup:

MommyLyssa 04-05-2013 08:34 AM

Nope...My husband will be smashing it with a sledge hammer until they come down. A lot more work, but free. We have a 3k budget, but are hoping to only spend around 1k to rebuild the whole thing (I was going to extend and make larger, but the city is being a pain in the rear end, so that won't be happening :() What ever is left over will go towards new porch furniture (a new chair for me and something for the kids- and then the rest put away for the living room reno- which will be taking down all the walls, installing a back door, new lighting, etc.- can you tell we are really into DIYing? Did all that to 3/4 of the house so far!)

I should grab a before picture and post it here...The thing is literally rotting and NEEDs to go (go figure, the roof is like brand new?). So we are tearing everything else down but the roof, supporting it, and then re-building. Oh- the fun part it that it is the only entrance into the house! (old home got grandfathered in with only one doorway...)