Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Any carseat as narrow as diono? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1505996)

MamaZnR 04-04-2013 07:02 PM

Any carseat as narrow as diono?

Thanks everybody! Title says it all :-)

luvsviola 04-04-2013 07:03 PM

Re: Any carseat as narrow as diono?

Foonf. :)
Combi Cocorro is also very narrow, though very small and short.

Defender is supposed to be as well, though I haven't confirmed it myself. It is a FF only seat, though.

jjordan 04-04-2013 08:59 PM

Keep in mind that if you're looking for a narrow seat for the purposes of fitting more than one car seat in a car, then it's not always the overall width of the seat that is the be-all-and-end-all of whether or not a seat will fit. Rather, if the seats you're working with "puzzle" together with each other, you might be able to fit (for instance) 55" of child seat into 50" of vehicle seat.

MamaZnR 04-04-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjordan
Keep in mind that if you're looking for a narrow seat for the purposes of fitting more than one car seat in a car, then it's not always the overall width of the seat that is the be-all-and-end-all of whether or not a seat will fit. Rather, if the seats you're working with "puzzle" together with each other, you might be able to fit (for instance) 55" of child seat into 50" of vehicle seat.

It's more about fitting people in the back not other seats. Thanks for the suggestions so fat!

1busyb 04-04-2013 09:33 PM

We have the Onside Air in our Escape and it leaves plenty of room on either side. I'm very comfortable next to it.

jjordan 04-05-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaZnR (Post 16467790)
It's more about fitting people in the back not other seats. Thanks for the suggestions so fat!

The same thing sort of applies for people too - if a person is widest at his/her seating surface (so to speak :giggle:), then a seat with a narrow base (that is overall quite wide) can be easier to sit next to than something like a Radian.

Also, depending on the contours of the vehicle seat and the contours of the child seat, some seats will be easier to install closer to the door, leaving more room on the rest of the vehicle seat for passengers.

Your best bet is probably to try some seats and see what seems to be a good solution for your car. :) Here is a spreadsheet with information about convertible seats; it includes their overall width. But like I said, don't let that one number be the determining factor of what seats you end up trying.

jess71903 04-05-2013 08:47 AM

I have found that, based on the info jjordan just posted, the MyRide works really well. The base is narrow and it flares out at the cup holders. It's a wide seat overall. but that narrow base makes it work well in many situations.

MamaZnR 04-05-2013 03:39 PM

Just ordered an rxt 269 shipped!