Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can I jog without a jogging stroller? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506340)

jam's mum 04-06-2013 09:38 AM

Can I jog without a jogging stroller?

Can I just use my big ordinary stroller (Uppa baby Vista) or might my little one come to harm?

mkrisel 04-06-2013 10:23 AM

I have nothing to back this up, but theses are my thoughts. How old is your baby? Jogging strollers all say to wait until 6-8 months to use them for jogging. What type of path? If its pretty smooth, that will help. Our jogging stroller is significantly easier to push, so you may get more of a workout.

3Xblessed 04-06-2013 10:34 AM

Re: Can I jog without a jogging stroller?

I have but its not fun. The wheels just don't roll like a jogging strollers wheels. Check craigslist. Bet you can get one on the cheap.

Hungry Caterpillar 04-06-2013 10:37 AM

It can be done but I'd really slow down when you take the corners, because that stroller isn't meant to smoothly take a corner.

MamaLump 04-06-2013 11:18 AM

I don't think it is safe. I believe it has to do with the shocks on the jogging stroller. Without them a young babe can't control their head movements and their heads bounce around to a dangerous degree.

FindingMercy 04-06-2013 11:31 AM

It also has to do with hitting bumps. If you hit a bump jogging with the small wheels of regular strollers, it can be dangerous and cause you to lose control of the stroller. The big tires of jogging strollers are meant to handle faster speeds over rougher terrain.

keen1981 04-06-2013 11:39 AM

Nope! At least you shouldn't. Jogging strollers have the proper shocks to absorb the jolts instead of your babies neck taking the toll. I would not even consider it. I am an avid runner. And wouldn't do it.

And also the tires. You really shouldn't jog with any wheel that swivels. Swivels are for walking and touring around the mall. Not jogging.

TalkinBoutMyGirl 04-06-2013 11:41 AM

Noooo. It's soooo uncomfortable. I was in more pain from pushing the awkward stroller than the running lol.

abcmama2011 04-06-2013 11:43 AM

We have put MANY miles on our jogging stroller (4 miles 2-3 times a week since dd was about 5 months and she is now 17 months). They are a little pricier, but absolutely worth it! We have a Schwinn Turismo and we LOVE it. A bit cheaper than some of the other models. We also use it a lot for outdoor outings (park, zoo, festivals). I cannot imagine trying to jog with our regular stroller after using this one. And the shocks are huge and keep dd safe and sound (she loves to sleep in it).

NotLad 04-06-2013 12:02 PM

No. The swivel wheel is very dangerous.