Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   oblique breech at 36w5d. baby must flip for tolac!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506481)

maddies.mom 04-06-2013 08:55 PM

oblique breech at 36w5d. baby must flip for tolac!!!

So I am 36w 5d today, baby goes from oblique breech to transverse back to oblique breech depending on if I am lying or standing...
I have looked at spinning babies, am doing inversions and breech tilts, already do yoga, need to find an acupuncturist asap for moxi, and already see a chiro who is webster trained.
OB talked about an ECV, but we didn't discuss exactly 'when'. My next appt. is thursday, I will be 37w 3d.
This is my 2nd baby. I know people say that subsequent pregnancies the baby will flip all over until around 37 weeks... but I'm worried that it will either pop full breech and stay there... or stay transverse.
Any other tips on what I can do??
I'd rather not have the ECV - since I know they are often unsuccessful in keeping baby that way.

I want my tolac!!! It was such a battle to get this far... ahhhhhh!!!

pinktoes 04-06-2013 09:00 PM

My first took his sweet time turning. My OB said he'll turn before he comes out.
If your little one keeps moving, then trust the baby will head down and out when he she is ready.

maddies.mom 04-08-2013 09:05 PM

Re: oblique breech at 36w5d. baby must flip for tolac!!!

I sure hope so :D

songbird516 04-08-2013 10:56 PM

That sounds frustrating. I hope you get some good news!

~Cricket~ 04-09-2013 06:29 AM

I've heard some people say that wearing a pregnancy support belt can help get baby pointing the right way. Maybe something to consider? Can't hurt anyways.
Hope you get little one in a great position soon! :)

nettepoet 04-09-2013 09:10 AM

do you have a health food store nearby? like a whole foods or a wegmans or even a mom and pop that sells homeopathy? you can try a homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. get 30c and put one in water, let it dissolve and then sip it 3x a day and do the same thing for a week. baby should turn.

homebirthmom 04-09-2013 09:13 AM

i cannot say it enough, get into a chiropractor and get the websters technique done. it allows the ligaments to open up and the baby to flip and drop down.
I have seen 100% success with it.
I would also look into spinningbabies.com

maddies.mom 04-09-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homebirthmom (Post 16479920)
i cannot say it enough, get into a chiropractor and get the websters technique done. it allows the ligaments to open up and the baby to flip and drop down.
I have seen 100% success with it.
I would also look into spinningbabies.com

doing all this!!! been seeing a webster certified chiro for awhile, going again tomorrow and saturday. been doing the breech tilts and inversions. baby slips and slides all around still... thankfully not engaged yet.

evasimone 04-11-2013 09:44 PM

It sounds like you are doing everything possible mama! Kudos to you for educating yourself and trying stuff to make the baby turn. A lot of moms just accept that the baby is breech and don't try any remedies. Just try to stay positive. If your babe doesn't flip at least you'll know that you truly tried everything and you can be at peace with yourself.

One thing that you might be interested in is hypnobabies turn baby cd. It couldn't hurt and might help.

maddies.mom 04-12-2013 06:10 AM

BABY FLIPPED VERTEX!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Had a quick u/s check yesterday at my appt. I know exactly when it happened... I woke up around 1:30 am the morning before my appt and there was a dance party in my belly :D Now he/she just needs to STAY THERE!!!