Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Why cant birth control have useful side effects? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506513)

theonenonlymrssmith 04-06-2013 11:08 PM

You know, like weight loss. Or breast tissue growth? (I'm barely an a cup nursing!) or increased sex drive?!?!

Dh has a vasectomy scheduled and I'm trying to talk him out of it. Trouble is then I would have To go on both control. I don't want to deal with hormones that will leave me grumpy and fat and nauseated. And I don't want to end up with an iUd lodged somewhere it shouldn't be.i also read para guard has Nickle which I'm allergic to. If I let DH get a vasectomy he's got a 3-10% chance for chronic pain his entire life. DH doesn't like the 25% failure rate of nfp. And he says condoms hurt. WHAT IS LEFT?! This is mostly a rant, but seriously how do you choose the lesser evil?? My head is seriously spinning!!

Sarah-B 04-06-2013 11:10 PM

You should just learn how to chart

The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is great and shows you how to know when to abstain or how to know when to use a condom
:)

Also just bc until you figure another way to prevent

theonenonlymrssmith 04-06-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B
You should just learn how to chart

The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is great and shows you how to know when to abstain or how to know when to use a condom
:)

Also just do it until you figure another way to prevent

Thanks! I had to hit send and then. Finish editing my post. The mobile app is weird sometimes. Anyways dh doesn't like the failure rate of nfp, and that's how we ended up with number 2!! So it's a no go.

MyNameIsMama 04-06-2013 11:54 PM

Re: Why cant birth control have useful side effects?

I wish I got extra tissue, nope. I gained weight, had pimples and mood swings. No thank-you. And the pill can permanently reduce your libido, sorry. We chart, I would read Taking charge of your fertility. When I am fertile we use a diaphragm.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/35663.php

neuro_mom 04-07-2013 12:01 AM

Did you actually go through a formal NFP class such as the Creighton method or did you try learning it on your own? NFP is supposed to be 99% effective in avoiding pregnancy when used correctly.

theonenonlymrssmith 04-07-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neuro_mom
Did you actually go through a formal NFP class such as the Creighton method or did you try learning it on your own? NFP is supposed to be 99% effective in avoiding pregnancy when used correctly.

Really?! I wonder Why planned parenthood lists a 20-25% failure rate! I was using something similar to cycle beads, and paying attention to CM. I will definitely be looking into the method you mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNameIsMama
I wish I got extra tissue, nope. I gained weight, had pimples and mood swings. No thank-you. And the pill can permanently reduce your libido, sorry. We chart, I would read Taking charge of your fertility. When I am fertile we use a diaphragm.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/35663.php

That is crazy! Well not really crazy I suppose. *sigh*

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)

theonenonlymrssmith 04-07-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neuro_mom

How much do those classes cost? Any idea??

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)

krystaj 04-07-2013 01:28 PM

Aww... my experience has been nothing but positive. My skin cleared up and I got bigger boobs and no weight gain. Your milage may vary I guess. :-)

theonenonlymrssmith 04-07-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystaj
Aww... my experience has been nothing but positive. My skin cleared up and I got bigger boobs and no weight gain. Your milage may vary I guess. :-)

Bigger boobs?! Which one are you on? Lol

theonenonlymrssmith 04-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith

Really?! I wonder Why planned parenthood lists a 20-25% failure rate! :-)

I dug a little deeper and I am REALLY irritated. Web MD and planned parenthood's "at a glance" chart rate failure for "all fam methods" at 25% bt if you look individually it rates the symptothermal method as a .4%!!! Which I still think is somewhat misleading since all their other ratios to with the effective rate. Siting a failure rate (IMO) sheds a negative tone on it. When they say iud's have a 99% effective rate, the should also say this method has a 99.6% effective rate!