Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kirkland (Costco brand) diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506849)

Celeste 04-08-2013 09:56 AM

Kirkland (Costco brand) diapers?

Are they any good? Do they have a perfumey smell? I usually use Target's up and up brand, when I use disposables, but we are running out and I have to go to Costco anyway. But I don't want to buy an enormous box of them and then not like them. :)

Mom2Connor 04-08-2013 10:14 AM

I haven't used them but last time I was in costco I looked at the price per diaper and they were significantly more $$ than targets which we use. Just FYI!

Celeste 04-08-2013 10:17 AM

Re: Kirkland (Costco brand) diapers?

Good to know! I will check on that!

ohgirlohboyohno 04-08-2013 10:37 AM

I heard they are very similar to huggies

escapethevillage 04-08-2013 10:48 AM

They aren't bad. But, most of my daycare parents buy the Huggies there, so I wonder if they are the same price?

Kirkland diapers size 4 .22 per diaper.

Huggies at Costco sz4 .23 per diaper.

Diaper.com sz4 .23 per diaper. (free 2 day delivery)

Up and up sz4 .14 per diaper.

2+2macht4 04-08-2013 10:51 AM

I used them when I was in the US they were not bad

The Fancy Pansy 04-08-2013 10:55 AM

They are identical to Huggies, except the characters on the front. They are usually the same price as Huggies there, unless there is a coupon/sale/rebate on one or the other. They are much more absorbent than the Target Up&Up since they changed several months ago (when they went from dot pattern to stars).

mrseum 04-08-2013 11:06 AM

At our Costco the Costco brand is the same price as the Huggins now unless their is a coupon for either so I'm wondering if they will phase the huggies out? As far as quality I hear they we're the same as huggies so we tried them two different times. With both boxes we had more leaks than we I'd with huggies, so I'm not sure what's going on there. We just stick with huggies- they are the only one we rarely have leaks with.

amf78 04-08-2013 11:18 AM

We used them for overnight and whenever we needed to use disposables. Worked great (for a sposie), weren't perfumey at all. If you try them and don't like them, you can return the ones you don't use. Costco takes back any of their stuff if you aren't satisfied with it.

badmisterkitty 04-08-2013 11:38 AM

If costco diapers aren't made by huggies, then I'm Jon Bon Jovi. Seriously, they are identical other than the character printing. I, too, have noticed that they are the same price as the same size boxes of Huggies. Except the smallest size. Those ones are cheaper for some reason.

I prefer Huggies diapers to any other disposable brand and by extension the Costco brand is great, too. I was able to get a few samples when our Costco first opened.