Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Being Banned?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506927)

CntryMama 04-08-2013 01:06 PM

Being Banned?!

How can I get my self banned?! When I messaged a mod about requesting to get off this site (since I lack MAJOR self control) all they do is change my password. Well, that didnt work - I'm back...

So, is there know real way to ban me because our only internet connection is a WIFI :headscratch: I mean, that seems really silly that I could go around messing up things and posting crazy things without anyone being able to do anything about it... I just want off here to the point I might throw my hot pink labtop out the door (seriously, DH takes it to work with him or hides it per my request).

Could someone explain why I can not get any help on this end because we could really use some help :giggle2:

ulawolf 04-08-2013 01:07 PM

You can ask to be locked out of fair I think

stevensmom 04-08-2013 01:09 PM

Re: Being Banned?!

you can request a personal ban...however they will not ban you several times.

Many people request a personal ban :)

CntryMama 04-08-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16477636)
you can request a personal ban...however they will not ban you several times.

Many people request a personal ban :)

What is the differance from what they did before and a personal ban? I guess that is were I am confused. I thought I could NEVER be truly banned :headscratch: Because my internet connection changes IP address (so they can not ban that) and the password is so simple, I have done that myself (changing it by typing with my eyes closed then copy and paste!).

kaia.aline 04-08-2013 01:14 PM

I'm kinda bored today if love to watch you get yourself banned, just let me know which forum you are going to do it in!

CntryMama 04-08-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaia.aline (Post 16477656)
I'm kinda bored today if love to watch you get yourself banned, just let me know which forum you are going to do it in!

:giggle2: Well, if I cant get any help on this end I might have to go crazy! I was thinking a long list of things that annoy me... Pretty sure that might make a few upset :giggle:

Fishie Kisses 04-08-2013 02:27 PM

you absolutely can be banned, but as Erica said, you can't keep doing it. So if you request a ban, and then come back, that's prob it unless there are special circumstances. And it's not the IP address that they ban (although they CAN do that too to keep people from creating multiple accounts). They just ban your user name and it prevents you from logging in.

BeccaSueCongdon 04-08-2013 02:29 PM

You can always start a post about the time you drove your kids (with no carseats) to get circumcised (boys & girls, ages irrelevant) without anesthesia, and then fed them McDonald's drive thru on the way home.

*hide*

qsefthuko 04-08-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon (Post 16477906)
You can always start a post about the time you drove your kids (with no carseats) to get circumcised (boys & girls, ages irrelevant) without anesthesia, and then fed them McDonald's drive thru on the way home.

*hide*

You also dressed them in character clothing and decided they needed an extra flu shot just because. Then you rewarded them with ice cream topped with fudge, caramel and sugar coated pecans. After that you took them home and let them watch tv the rest of the day and didn't bother with a bed time.

CntryMama 04-08-2013 03:02 PM

I do not want to ask and then not ask - I just dont want to be on here. I asked once for them to ban me but the vibe I got was that all they can do is change my password - which is silly since I can do that myself...

So, is there a certain MOD that can do this or will any do?! I do not want them to just change my password though - so how do I ask them to do it the 'real' way? Just say a personal or user name ban?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon (Post 16477906)

*hide*

:giggle: AND I put the pop in their bottles!