Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Please just reassure me (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1507492)

bumminbeachbabe 04-10-2013 12:21 PM

I'm 37 weeks this weekend. I have insulin dependent gd. I've been on insulin for 6 weeks now.

Normally when I wake up in the morning she gets active as I start my morning. Today it took over an hour after eating for me to get a couple really noticeable nudges. Now it's only movements that I have to really concentrate to feel.

I know babies get less active, but after I've read about gd I'm getting really freaked out.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

stevensmom 04-10-2013 12:28 PM

Re: Please just reassure me

:hugs:

well she is getting bigger and less movement for her.

Call your dr if she doesn't respond to jabs

I so wish I was closer to you to drop off my doppler so you can check on her :(

~Cricket~ 04-10-2013 12:33 PM

I'd say just go get checked! Or at least put in a call to your doctor/midwife. It's most likely just a quiet morning, and everything is fine, but it's always better to be safe than sorry!

bumminbeachbabe 04-10-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom
:hugs:

well she is getting bigger and less movement for her.

Call your dr if she doesn't respond to jabs

I so wish I was closer to you to drop off my doppler so you can check on her :(

I keep telling myself that. Maybe if it was a gradual decrease I'd be less freaked. I guess it could be that she turned so she isn't sunnyside up anymore and I'm not feeling movement as well because of it.

I really should have avoided reading about negative outcomes

saturn 04-10-2013 12:42 PM

Some days the baby is just less active. But I can relate to your feelings, I had a healthy pregnancy with no GD and I still worried when DD was moving less than normal. Do a kick count and call the doctor if things don't seem right.

Verde 04-10-2013 12:53 PM

It is most likely she is just sleeping, crowded, and her movements will feel different to you since she changed position from front to back. If you are still worried and she won't respond to jabs at all then call your midwife/ob. That's what they are there for so don't worry about bothering them :)

MinkaK 04-10-2013 01:17 PM

Do you have a NST coming up? I would call and move it up or ask to schedule one.

bumminbeachbabe 04-10-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinkaK
Do you have a NST coming up? I would call and move it up or ask to schedule one.

I had an nst Monday. I always wind up staying longer than usual because she likes to screw with them.

klevmomma 04-10-2013 01:47 PM

I would 100% call your provider at a minimum. The only reason I wouldn't just go straight to the hospital to get checked out is because they can do a nst in my midwives office and it is much less expensive than having it done at the hospital.

She is probably completely fine and you haven't felt much due to the possible explanations already discussed. But it is a million times better to check on her and go home knowing she's fine than to ignore your concerns and continue to worry!

My last DD wasn't very active the morning I got up at 40w1d. I called my MWs and they had me come in for a NST. Baby was okay, but not as responsive as they would like to see, so we decided it was time to have a baby. They monitored her my whole labor and she was always okay, but never responsive like they wanted to see. She was born perfectly, completely fine. I'm just sharing the story because it was really inconvenient to go in for the NST that day, and I was 100% expecting that she would perk up when I got there and I'd be sent home after 20 min on the monitors. In the end, everything turned out totally fine, but I am really glad that I listened to what I was feeling and went and got checked out.

Praying for you and baby girl, mama!

momof3boys1girl 04-10-2013 03:12 PM

I agree with calling the OB. 10 movements in an hour. Ive seen to many cases here on DS where something wrong. I think DS has ruined me :(