Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What size clothing did your full-term LO come home in? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508079)

Hellga 04-12-2013 10:22 AM

What size clothing did your full-term LO come home in?

I'm trying to pick an outfit to bring baby home in, or at least do first pics in. We have one picked out in preemie size just in case (it was a gift), but want one for the (hopefully likely) chance that she will stay put till due date or beyond. The one I gravitate to, though, is 3-6mo. Is there any chance baby will fit that at birth? MIL says DH wore 6-9mo home from hospital, and he was under 9 pounds. That seems really odd to me. I was 8lb9oz but I have no idea what size I wore.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Fishie Kisses 04-12-2013 10:27 AM

Re: What size clothing did your full-term LO come home in?

DS1 was full term but only 7lbs. We had to scramble to get him some preemie stuff because he was swimming in NB.
DS2 was a week late and 8'10. He wore NB home but easily could fit 0-3
DS3 was a week early but still 9lbs. He wore NB and 0-3

KaleidoscopeEyes 04-12-2013 10:29 AM

Even my 10 pounder wore nb for a short time

s@hmommy 04-12-2013 10:32 AM

Preemie for ours, they were 6 lbs 13 oz and 6 lbs 14 oz.

Rhianna'sMommy 04-12-2013 10:33 AM

Dd1 was 7lb15oz and wore newborn stuff home. It was huge on her though but not so huge to think we'd need preemie clothes.
Dd2 was 8lb5oz and wore newborn stuff home. It fit nicely with a little growing room but not a lot.
Ds was 9lb7oz and barely wore newborn stuff home. It fit him like a glove. He was 3 weeks early though so it never occured to me he wouldn't wear newborn size clothes. He outgrew the newborn stuff in less than a week.

TwinKristi 04-12-2013 10:37 AM

Even my 9lb baby wore 0-3mos, but the 3 that were between 8 & 9lbs wore newborn for a week or two. Dh went and bought a newborn outfit for our last baby to come home in because the 0-3 mos was still a little big. If your baby is 6-7lbs they could probably wear preemie but even a 9lb baby wasn't in 3-6mos.

Hungry Caterpillar 04-12-2013 10:38 AM

My 7-7 baby wore NB home, and for a few weeks after that. For the first few days even the NB were big on him. He left the hospital in the high 6 lb range.

Remember that the going home weight is most likely going to be less than the birth weight.

Tris 04-12-2013 10:40 AM

NB fit mine, 6+ and 7+ lb babies.

This should be in pregnancy or parenting though :)

jackyl08 04-12-2013 10:42 AM

My babies were 7lbs and 7lb10oz. Both wore preemie home. DD was the first and she wore preemie for about two weeks. DS chunked up fast and was in nb within a week.

hilaryisinked 04-12-2013 10:42 AM

Both were 39 weeks both 6 pounds both needed preemie sized clothing

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum