Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do you tell which way your baby is? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509173)

3 ladybugs 04-16-2013 04:12 PM

How do you tell which way your baby is?

I am nearly 25 weeks right now and I know some people can tell which way their baby is by now. However I can't. :headscratch: I couldn't even tell with my son at 38 weeks.

So how do you tell? I would like to know if I am feeling a kick or a punch. :)

~Cricket~ 04-16-2013 04:33 PM

Re: How do you tell which way your baby is?

Look at the Spinning Babies website. They have great directions. :)

chandni3 04-16-2013 06:00 PM

I can feel the baby's back, it's long and I often can feel his little feet or knees. I was pretty sure I knew when he turned and it's been confirmed that he's head down. I couldn't feel as much at 25 weeks though. Just poke your belly a lot and in a few weeks you might be able to discern more.

Tris 04-16-2013 06:11 PM

Light flutters are hands, strong pokey pressure is feet :)
My little dude is still all over in there.

happy2beamom 04-16-2013 07:39 PM

I was wondering this too ....

There is no 'flutter' with this LO :giggle2: There is hard and harder. Sometimes i don't know if he/she is kicking AND spinning to kick again, or just punches hard :lostit:

My sister in law was surprised that she could feel and see the movement (i am 22 weeks). I told her that is nothing as you can't feel the rolling movement it does to get to the next spot to kick/punch again. I think he/she doesn't like it's space invaded - it gets really mad and takes it out on me :blush:

I've 'lovingly' started referring to the baby as 'jumping bean'.

snugglesnsunshine 04-17-2013 11:37 AM

When baby gets hiccups, you'll know that's the back.
If you have a Doppler, HB is strongest on baby's back. My stomach is a tad larger where baby's head is right now.
The stronger jabs are probably feet.
Lay down on your back and have dh look at your belly and guess. My dh guessed right. He found the babys back by feeling my belly. Then said "I think head is this way, and butt is that way". Him standing over me looking straight down I think made it easy for him too see the shape.
You may can look in the mirror at yourself and be able to tell but if not, the lying down shows baby shape better.

SaraElise 04-17-2013 11:48 AM

The biggest indicator for me is where I feel hiccups. After a while of paying attention though, it's just easier to tell what is fingers, and what is from feet, what a head feels like vs a butt.

EmilytheStrange 04-17-2013 01:13 PM

Push the lump. If the whole baby moves, you're pushing the butt. If just the lump moves, you're pushing the head.

CountryMama2 04-17-2013 01:36 PM

I am pregnant with my second baby, and I didn't even know it was possible to tell which way your baby was other than an ultrasound lol

3 ladybugs 04-17-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraElise (Post 16505533)
The biggest indicator for me is where I feel hiccups. After a while of paying attention though, it's just easier to tell what is fingers, and what is from feet, what a head feels like vs a butt.

So when I feel the hiccups, I feel a jump then like a kick. Does that sound right? I feel a big jump then a little jump in a different spot. Would that make sense for hiccups and then a kick, or would that be a punch? :headscratch: