Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northeast (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Springfield MA/ nearby CT mamas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509296)

greenmamabecky 04-17-2013 09:32 AM

Springfield MA/ nearby CT mamas?

I attempted CDing with my 3 yr old, but gave up after a few weeks because I was overwhelmed. Back to CDing now with my NB! I found this site looking for different fitteds, wool covers, and pockets. I bought a Popeye pocket yesterday and thought that was really cool :-)
Anyway, I'd like to meet some like minded moms close by because there aren't ANY that I know of!

Sdayfamily 04-17-2013 10:26 AM

Re: Springfield MA/ nearby CT mamas?

I met a few moms in my area ( Louisville) just buy trading/selling CD on Craigslist. They have been so helpful. Especially since I am new to this. You may have some luck with that as well. This forum is also a great source of info! Lots of ppl post pics and other stuff.

GreenHome Sewing 04-17-2013 10:33 AM

I am in Holyoke, ten minutes or so from Springfield.

GreenHome Sewing 04-17-2013 10:33 AM

Oh, there is another Springfield Mama on here. I never remember her username though...

greenmamabecky 04-17-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdayfamily (Post 16505210)
I met a few moms in my area ( Louisville) just buy trading/selling CD on Craigslist. They have been so helpful. Especially since I am new to this. You may have some luck with that as well. This forum is also a great source of info! Lots of ppl post pics and other stuff.

Thank you :-)

greenmamabecky 04-17-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenHome Sewing (Post 16505234)
I am in Holyoke, ten minutes or so from Springfield.

Awesome :-) Looks like our kids are very close in age. My due date was 3/23/10 but my stubborn son made it to 4/2/10 lol
I also have a baby born 2/1/13 but he was 10 weeks premature, his due date was this past Friday so he's basically not even a week old yet adjusted age. He's a little chunker though! I tried on a BumGenius size small and it's almost too small for him. He was weighed Friday 7lb 11oz so I wouldn't think it would be that small on him but he has a big belly lol
Last night I ordered 27 Alvas(20 from the website and 7 from a mama on BabyGaga) and 6 Sunbabies and a ton of extra bamboo inserts, I'm so excited for them to get here! What are your favorites and do you buy from anywhere locally? I just started last night and I'm already scouring the internet for more. Very addicting apparently.
I really want to try some fitteds and wool covers and I found some awesome ones on Etsy, but the price is making me hesitant.

greenmamabecky 04-19-2013 08:17 AM

:bumpsign:

owen's mommy 04-21-2013 09:05 PM

I live in Westfield, not too far from Springfield. Have you been up to Northampton? They sell some CDs at Grow in the Thornes Marketplace, it used to be called Cradle. Were you at the cloth diaper change in Holyoke? It was nice!

greenmamabecky 04-21-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owen's mommy (Post 16519998)
I live in Westfield, not too far from Springfield. Have you been up to Northampton? They sell some CDs at Grow in the Thornes Marketplace, it used to be called Cradle. Were you at the cloth diaper change in Holyoke? It was nice!

No I didn't know that things like that even existed lol. I have been to Cradle, I was seeing the midwives at River Valley Midwives for a homebirth with my youngest but unfortunately my water broke at 26 weeks and I was hospitalized for 4 weeks before I went into labor. (The midwives use the office at Cradle to work out of)
Anyway, at the time I wasn't thinking about Cding so I didn't look at the diapers but I remember everything was crazy expensive.
I have been to A Child's Garden it's right off Main st a little past Thornes, but that was years ago when I was pregnant with my 3 yr old. I was thinking of actually going back there sometime this week to refresh my memory on what they have there and get some pointers on using the wrap I just made.

ElizasMommy606 04-23-2013 06:15 AM

I'm in Springfield! :)