Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I Didn't Buy a Single Diaper For THREE Whole Months..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509724)

badmisterkitty 04-18-2013 02:59 PM

I Didn't Buy a Single Diaper For THREE Whole Months.....

I really thought I had it together this time. I sold off at least a hundred diapers and was set to be contented for the rest of my diapering days....

I only cloth diaper part time. We use disposables in daycare 5 days a week. We use no more than 4 diapers a day between the baby and our mostly PT-ed 2yo.

So what the heck is wrong with me? When everything in my stash is working fine, what is drawing me to try something new?

I bought 2 dozen prefolds, sold a dozen, sold 4 covers, bought one cover. Now I'm thinking about trying a Kiwi Pie fitted, even though I have never found the fitted love in all my years of diapering.

I'm just never going to get out of this cycle, am I?

GodStillTalks 04-18-2013 03:04 PM

Ban yourself from ds. It's what I am going to do as soon as I figure out a stash for my newbie. I did the crazy for about four years. I bought a stash of fuzzi bunz and got off ds.

It's so easy to get sucked into the frenzy.

(((Hugs)))

badmisterkitty 04-18-2013 03:14 PM

Re: I Didn't Buy a Single Diaper For THREE Whole Months.....

But I don't want to ban myself!! lol This is a major conversational outlet for me!

For the most part, I have self control to stay off the marketplace. And when I do go in, it's usually to sell or research something.

I'm trying to at least stay within the one in-one out parameters.....

MamaButtercup 04-19-2013 10:27 PM

Lol! I am so painfully cheap. (Which is why I use cloth! Lol!) So it's easy for me. Wish I could share some of my frugality. It is a blessing and a curse... :)

Mackie3 04-19-2013 10:59 PM

I feel your pain! I buy buy buy all the time! :( I have like twenty for sale, but I have the worst luck selling ANYTHING. I couldn't sell sight to a blind man :/ I have waaaaay too many diapers, and need to stop now. I don't know what's wrong with me.

hilaryisinked 04-20-2013 04:52 AM

It's this forum...

I didn't buy for a year, half of which was spent on a user requested ban. The minute I came back on here I started wanting to buy things and switch my stash up. It won't go away. I just sold then bought diapers two days ago and keep telling myself if I like them I'm going to sell half my stash for more. Gah! I was totally stash content! I still am...I love my stash! But being on here just makes me want to buy all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

babyike2011 04-20-2013 06:05 AM

I need rehab!!! Lol:) I feel like that creature from lord of the rings, my diapers are ALL my precious!!! I try to list some for sale, but then can't because it was the dipe I bought or first one she crawled in...lmao....it's a disease....a cloth diaper hoarding disease!!!!!:)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ltlmrs 04-20-2013 06:27 AM

All I have to add is that I'll be so happy when we no longer have internet. This site is great for solving problems and learning about CDing, but it really fuels the consumerist side of CDing which I think is unfortunate given the fact that so many of us chose to cloth diaper b/c of finances. I'm sure I'm not the only one for whom it just ended up being an expensive hobby in my pursuit of the ultimate cloth diaper that would change itself.

ltlmrs 04-20-2013 06:28 AM

DP

pieceofjess 04-20-2013 08:53 AM

I have to ask myself: Do I really need more diapers? Can I go x amount of days without washing already? Do my diapers fit baby fine? The answer is always that I don't need more diapers. I don't *need* more all in ones, we can just use prefolds and covers. It is easy to get sucked in, though. I usually fill my carts up and then realize it's not worth it.