Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   entertaining kids in line at Disney? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509953)

corinne76 04-19-2013 11:50 AM

entertaining kids in line at Disney?

I'm looking for suggestions. I have a 5 y/o, a 2 y/o and my bff has a 3 y/o.
Any games we can play?

Also, can we bring the strollers in line? So they have somewhere to sit

Rhianna'sMommy 04-19-2013 12:02 PM

Re: entertaining kids in line at Disney?

No strollers in line. Several lines have built in entertainment in them anymore - so much so that it can hard to get them moving at times. Dumbo has a play area inside and places for parents to sit. Pooh has stuff to play with as you move along the line. Ariel has stuff to do as well. These are a handful of examples. The lines with nothing in them to do often move fast. If the line was going to be too long we either did a fast pass or skipped the ride to be honest. That is typically the best method for doing rides - get a fast pass. If there is no fast pass check back at different times for shorter lines (during parades usually drops the lines down a ton).

corinne76 04-19-2013 12:10 PM

Thanks!!

luvsviola 04-19-2013 12:43 PM

Bring a good baby carrier. The Buzz Lightyear line is FOREVER long. So is Winnie the Pooh.

I took my kindle with movies on it.

homebirthmom 04-19-2013 01:04 PM

an ipod, sucker, toy spinner, markers, stickers and small activity book. we also bring a small backpack with these things in it and snacks while waiting.

Aubrey<3Gavin 04-19-2013 02:51 PM

Good advice so far. I will also say go to michaels or somewhere similar and buy packs of glow bracelets or glow toys. They will love having them while waiting for the night parades or fireworks an it is a lot cheaper than buying the toys they have there'

corinne76 04-19-2013 06:23 PM

DS mamas always have the best tips! Thanks!

MyNameIsMama 04-19-2013 06:33 PM

I bring hotwheels for my son. Plus bring lots of snacks like lollypops, gummy bears... I would pick a small doll for girls.

mkrisel 04-19-2013 09:16 PM

We didn't have a problem entertaining dd in line at Disneyland when she had just turned 3. We talked, looked at things, snacked, and were almost constantly moving. There is an app (mouse something) that tells you wait times. It was pretty accurate. Most of the lines were continually moving so it would have been hard to do anything too involved.
Have fun!

TalkinBoutMyGirl 04-20-2013 06:11 AM

You'll want fast passes to the really popular things (Buzz Lightyear is a must). We didn't spend a lot of time in lines because we chose a few things to do and didn't try to pack it all in. There is no way DD (4) could have handled a day absolutely packed. She was able to entertain herself pretty good. There is a ton to look at while there.