Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is most important to you in buying a diaper? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510251)

MamaButtercup 04-20-2013 01:46 PM

What is most important to you in buying a diaper?

What is most important to you in buying a diaper?

Fiber content?
Diaper style?
Price?
Environmentally concious?
Aesthetics?
Supporting individuals?

Need some opinions from the cloth diapering public! Please vote in poll above!

QuartzandPyrite 04-20-2013 01:56 PM

Number one for me is function- each diaper functions a little different so if I'm buying a new one either it is for a specific purpose like nights or it's to supplement my stash...
After that, fiber.

Namiko 04-20-2013 02:17 PM

Re: What is most important to you in buying a diaper?

For me it is all about fit = aesthetics?? :dunno:
It took me forever to find a good fit for DD with her skinny legs.

MamaButtercup 04-20-2013 02:34 PM

Fair enough! Thanks for the input! I faced similar problems with my chunky thighed boy, and now he's slimming on down. Just trying to keep me guessing!

77Lipen 04-20-2013 03:48 PM

Function and style to me are the same.

I had to chose a diaper everyone would get on board with and be ok to use. Originally I thought aio's were the way to go, but done of the local ladies said our water could not wash them very well.
I did not want to mess around with pins/snappis/boingos as being a new mom that scared me (now not do much) and I knew no one else would be on board for that.

I went with pockets of varying types and different types of inserts to see what worked for me. I do need to try fst though as inserts just to see if they absorb well to change over to that as regular inserts never seem to rinse well for me.

So for me
1 was what I could get others on board with.
2 washability/durability

That's it.

I just assumed they would work. Only recently did I see that not all diapers work for all kids, but my girl seems to be doing just fine in hers.

Next babe though I'm doing flats to start and a couple covers. I did not cd my girl as a newborn but I think I can do it next time :)

Sarai* 04-20-2013 04:01 PM

price, cute factor, easy for someone new to CD to use, should last through four hours without leaking, just in case the LO falls asleep, or mama is out and doesn't have a convenient place to change (of course in most cases we expect the LO will be changed every 2-3 hours).

Diapers that regularly last less than 2 hours are very unpopular, and will cause many mamas I work with to quit. Prefolds are not popular, although the "old" flip organics sure were. We also tend not to do sized diapers, except our newborn basket that has mostly AIOs and travel around, because we need the diapers to fit over a long period of time, and many are used on more than one LO in the home.

blondeviolin 04-20-2013 04:08 PM

Price and fit.

hilaryisinked 04-20-2013 04:19 PM

Top of my list would be the fibers.

raymark 04-20-2013 04:21 PM

Trimness

Kissed by the Moon 04-20-2013 04:30 PM

fit for the child. Hard to know until you try it though but needs to fit well and not leak.