Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When do you pack your bag? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510314)

chandni3 04-20-2013 07:17 PM

When do you pack your bag?

I'm 34 weeks. I'm thinking I should start thinking about packing my bag. And getting the carseat into the car. At what point do you do these things?

leyash 04-20-2013 07:30 PM

Re: When do you pack your bag?

I'm 37+3, and I've had my bag packed for about a week or so, lol. The carseat won't be installed until we are at the hospital. They have people there that will help to ensure that it is installed properly, and safely.

EmilytheStrange 04-20-2013 07:47 PM

I did them fairly early just so I could stop thinking about it. Prolly about 34 weeks or so.

At the very least, making yourself a list might give you some peace of mind. But you really can't pack it too early.

babygirls2 04-20-2013 07:52 PM

I'm 33 weeks with PTL issues and have all the bags packed and in the car. Car seat installed as well.

crunchymamaNY 04-20-2013 08:37 PM

I will prob pack at around 30 weeks. I know it seems early, but each one of my kids came earlier than the last, and my youngest was a 36 weeker. We are also going to be moving around that time, so for me, just having that bag packed will give me a peace of mind. :)

todzwife 04-20-2013 08:42 PM

I may end up on bed rest soon (I'm 23+2) so I'm getting stuff ready now. I will be 95% packed by 30 weeks. I'll just need to get snacks at the last minute. I won't install the car seat until 36 weeks or so, because if she comes before then, she won't be coming home immediately anyway.

Mommyto2B2G 04-20-2013 10:30 PM

I packed it at 35 weeks. I don't have my carseat in yet but dh and I practiced installing and uninstalling it and he took it to be checked with an inspector. We are keeping it out until baby is born because it is huge and easier for one of the kids to use the seat (in and out for school) with their own carseat until baby gets here and I rearrange.

Nijntje 04-21-2013 01:28 AM

My goal is to have everything as ready as possible by 37 weeks, and even though we aren't finished, we're close. Our bag is halfway packed at 36w5d :giggle: I have my stuff in there, but not the baby's. I had planned to pack in early labor last time in case we needed to transfer to the hospital and never got around to it. Of course, I did end up transferring during 3rd stage and didn't have a thing! Had to wear dirty clothes home, etc. I think it's never too early to do it, but there are just some things I want to use right up until then.

We don't own a car, so the carseat for the taxi/in-laws' car won't be installed till we are ready to leave the hospital.

simplyleah87 04-21-2013 10:31 AM

If these cntx stay at bay and I don't start dilating ill probably wait until 36-37 weeks to pack

pmatht 04-21-2013 10:55 AM

At 37 weeks, I decided to start packing my bag, and my water broke.