Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Name regret (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510528)

rverrone11 04-21-2013 05:24 PM

Name regret

I'm totally having regrets over our baby girl's name. We named her Nova Josephine, and it was pretty much my decision. The girls and DH wanted to name her Daphne, but for some reason I didn't want it. Friday was the deadline for filing the birth certificate paperwork, and I talked DH into Nova (which he says he likes), but now I really wish I would have name her Daphne. I keep crying because I can picture my 2 year old saying "how about Daphne" whenever we talked about names, and it's the first thing she said when she came in the hospital. I'm just so upset that I needed to share to get it out.

DallasK 04-21-2013 05:33 PM

Re: Name regret

If it makes you feel any better I think Nova is a way better name than Daphne, no offense to any Daphnes. I love gender neutral names. I love unique names. Nova is a name that when she meets people they will remember her, and I think Nova sounds stronger than Daphne. I let my dh name the boys and I day dream all the time about them having the names I chose, so we all can have a little buyers remorse in the name game. Who's to say if you chose Daphne you wouldn't think of her as Nova? I really do love Nova, where did you come up with it? My daughter has three names since we couldn't agree, can u just insert Daphne into her middle name somewhere?

mibarra 04-21-2013 06:10 PM

I think you can change it the first year for free one time if it really is bothering you that much. You have to do what'll make you happy! I like both ;)

EmilytheStrange 04-21-2013 07:50 PM

I like both names.

I went through that a little with Magnolia. But I'm glad I stuck with it now.

But change it if it bothers you! Or don't. Or let the family vote.

MrsCrafty 04-21-2013 08:25 PM

If it really bothered me, I'd change it, but I'd do it asap. :goodvibes: I like both names.

babyrosie 04-21-2013 09:35 PM

I had a hard time after naming dd. for months I thought about changing her name. But I didn't and now I am so glad that I didn't change it. It fits her perfectly, no one I have ever met has ever even heard of her name before, and everyone loves it. So you might settle into nova after a while, or you might decide that she is more of a daphne and it matters what the rest of the family thinks. Both names are nice, you just have to decide which fits your family better :)

stevensmom 04-21-2013 09:47 PM

ddc.

I think the more you say her name the more comfortable you'd be with it. And it will fit her well :hugs:

alyxmegan 04-21-2013 09:53 PM

First of all I LOVE the name Nova! How gorgeous!

I agree with adding Daphne in the middle. Daphne is a cute name and if you really regret not naming her Daphne then you should talk to your DH about changing it :) do what you think is right. I think Nova is much more unique though :)

LacyHolly 04-21-2013 10:02 PM

I love the name Nova! That would have the middle name if our little Lincoln had been a girl...so I'm a little bias.

steph410 04-22-2013 06:49 AM

Nova is a really beautiful name. I would personally stick with it.
But I'm sorry you are sad, it could be hormones. I'm sure your daughter will not be heartbroken...