Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510569)

stevensmom 04-21-2013 06:40 PM

August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27

new week...

which means one week closer to babies!

stevensmom 04-21-2013 06:43 PM

Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 (Post 16518276)
Erica- ((hugs)) for today. I can't imagine losing a sib so early in life. Just not fair. I feel you on the hip pain too. Yesterday was the first time I've felt it. like a nerve was pinched and the pain would radiate up and down. Didn't matter if I sat or was standing either. I was so hot last night that I was awake on and off too. I think it's time to sleep with the windows open, and the fan on. I think I'll be moving downstairs soon into the spare room where it's nice and cool.

Thanks :) It's hard to believe that she is gone and that its been so many years! It was 3 days before my senior prom. Everytime I think about her I think about what she would have done with babies. I know she would have probably cd'ed since she was such an environmentalist.

Yeah and the pain, just plain annoying!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieB621 (Post 16519512)
Looked at the pattern of the soaker I want to knit for the baby....ummm I don't have all of the right size needles. :( I guess that means a shopping trip to Jo Ann's tomorrow! :lostit:

oh bummer, shopping trip! :giggle2: I went to Michaels to pick up a needle for a shawl that I'm going to be making and beads! Just need to wait for the yarn to show up :)

-------------

Went and helped DH's bff unpack at their new apartment today. His wife is 8.5 months pregnant. So she and I had fun moving boxes in the nursery. They also have an 11 month old dd.

I finished "Opidy's" romper, just need to add snaps and make a pocket and wait for the buttons :)

lynn97 04-21-2013 10:41 PM

Yea for being a little closer to babies :thumbsup:

We have a contract to buy a house!! Thank you all for the prayers for us finding one. Now I am anxious to just get moved and settled into the new place. I'm excited but worried about how we'll fit all of our junk...total first world problem, huh?? I have been so busy figuring our house stuff that it is easy to *almost* forget that I am pregnant. My acid reflux and super-active baby girl remind me though ;-) I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Mrs.Os 04-22-2013 05:59 AM

Well our budget passed so we can now put nursery furnature in what's supposed to be the baby nursery and we can install a special needs/ big kid nursery. I have to order everything this week for the baby room and get someone to do a few things over there and we will be done !
No progress on moving last week at all :-/ - very stressful

Potty training is going really well though.

Babysitting today, they're moving away in a month, I'm gonna miss them :-/

My husband is done with his school in June so I'm really hoping were moved by then so he can help out doing a few things before the baby comes.

Ah yea every week toward babies is so exciting!

I'm psyched my cousins wife is expecting too, people don't really have a lot if kids here nor do they usually stay here after their married so most people here our age are at very different points in their lives :-/

Mrs.Os 04-22-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 16520186)
Yea for being a little closer to babies :thumbsup:

We have a contract to buy a house!! Thank you all for the prayers for us finding one. Now I am anxious to just get moved and settled into the new place. I'm excited but worried about how we'll fit all of our junk...total first world problem, huh?? I have been so busy figuring our house stuff that it is easy to *almost* forget that I am pregnant. My acid reflux and super-active baby girl remind me though ;-) I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

So exciting. We're hoping to have ours in a couple week, weve been trying to get this done for a year and its been so draining were just exhausted. It's so good to hear someone's moving ahead. Let me know how it goes :-) I'm getting rid of more than I thought actually so its been interesting packing. My husband has a few hours this week I'm gonna have him finish his stuff. I hope it's very smooth.

Tris 04-22-2013 06:10 AM

So many ladies closing on a house! Exciting!

Tris 04-22-2013 07:11 AM

Re Magic Loop, is there a reason you can't keep pulling the needle on the same side through and keep going around? Why do you have to mark it at a halfway point and switch back and forth?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBSmxGomPk

Andbabymakes2 04-22-2013 07:15 AM

I wish I had the motivation to start/finish projects for baby Sam, like some of you mamas. Yesterday was a complete waste. I felt like poo and didn't do much of anything. So today I have to play catch up. :reaction: why do I do this to myself ?? lol Gotta get groceries,get laundry put away, and change all the sheets today.

KatieB621 04-22-2013 07:25 AM

:yay: for the house Lynn!!

AFM: Normal Monday routine...DS's PT and grocery shopping. The perk is my mom is off of work for spring break (she works at an elementary school), so DD is going to spend the day with Gran. That means I can leave a little in order to go by Jo Anne's! :lostit: If I suddenly go missing, please send the search party to the yarn isle first. :giggle2: I never get to actually go shopping for yarn. Usually the only shopping for yarn or needles I can do is online. :(

Also just made my first appt. with my new OB. :yay: They couldn't see me until May 2, which means I'll have been 6 weeks in-between appts this time around. I was hoping to transition between drs. without ever missing a beat, but that's ok. I'm seeing the dr. that delivered DS and then left the practice a few months after he was born. The good thing is that since I've already seen him before and he's seen all my lady bits before, there shouldn't be this awkward feeling. :giggle: I mean it doesn't get much more awkward than it did when he walked in to deliver DS and I'd never seen him before. He went from never seeing my lady bits to seeing them in the worst possible situation, which is what happened when I delivered DS! :blush: He was great during my delivery though and I was sad to see him go when he did. Kind-of glad I'll get to see him again! :D

KatieB621 04-22-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 (Post 16520623)
I wish I had the motivation to start/finish projects for baby Sam, like some of you mamas. Yesterday was a complete waste. I felt like poo and didn't do much of anything. So today I have to play catch up. :reaction: why do I do this to myself ?? lol Gotta get groceries,get laundry put away, and change all the sheets today.

You aren't the only one that does that. I have TONS I need to do here at home, but I have no choice on Mondays of what I get to do. :(

As far as projects, I suddenly feel the urge to do things for the baby. I looked at the calendar the other day and was like, ":holysheep: I don't have THAT much time left. If I'm going to make anything for this baby I better get on the ball." My mom said earlier, "You have a good bit of time left before the baby gets here." I guess she's forgotten how crumby I always feel near the end, the possibility of bedrest looming over my head, and what time of the year it'll be when I'm HUGE again. Yeah....want to get things done now while I can!!!