Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   HELLP Syndrome? **LOSS MENTIONED** (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510926)

Mrsfroberg 04-22-2013 06:59 PM

HELLP Syndrome? **LOSS MENTIONED**

Does anyone have any experience with this? My SIL is in the hospital (22w today, first baby after being told she may never be able to conceive) and this is at the top of their list right now. She's had awful back pain that causes uncontrollable vomiting for the last 2 weeks. The docs have brushed it off as muscle spasms. She went to the ER on Sat night and was given morphine and a narcotic and told to go to doc today. The meds touched the pain a bit, but didn't take it away completely. Today she went for her appt and was sent to the hospital- elevated liver enzymes, protein in her urine, and then they sent her for more tests and a different hospital. I haven't heard anything in a couple of hours. I know they were going to do an ultrasound. But, they did tell her that they need to think of what is best for her since baby is not viable, and that if she were full term, they would deliver tonight. :/

Anyway, I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs 1500 miles away. She's like a sister to me, and I HATE to think that something bad could happen and she could lose the baby. :(

MyM&W 04-22-2013 07:14 PM

No advice but I will pray for her and the baby.

Mrsfroberg 04-22-2013 07:37 PM

Re: HELLP Syndrome?

Thanks. MIL just called and they're going to lose the baby. :( They'll be inducing her later tonight.

Joyful Tie Dyes 04-22-2013 08:01 PM

Oh how awful :(

Leah52 04-22-2013 08:16 PM

I'm sorry. :( HELLP can get really serious, really fast.

newcdmommy29 04-22-2013 08:46 PM

:,( I'm so sorry. Big hugs to her.

lilannies mama 04-22-2013 09:03 PM

I had hellp syndrome also its a horrible thing to go through. I delivered at 30 weeks with a 2 pound baby. I am so sorry she had to go through this. I'm praying for her & the family. There's so many levels I was a mild case luckily caught quickly & I was out in hospital right away & delivered at 3 that next morning. The baby's heart rate was dropping they had 5 mins or it could've been a whole other ending I thank God every day they were quick & prepared. Again I am sorry & will be praying.

solobluedancer 04-22-2013 09:15 PM

I am so heartbroken for your sil and her family. I hope peace goes with them.

Mom2Connor 04-23-2013 07:15 AM

Oh no I am so sorry for such awful news. :(

I had HELLP badly with both our boys, but luckily it did not hit until 38 1/2 wks (emergency c/s with DS1) and then I think it actually hit the exact same time with DS2 because I was experiencing some oddness but not full blown symptoms. I waited a couple days and we hit 39w1d and dr advised (it was a Sunday) to go to the hospital. Went in and they almost sent us home because my BP was high but not terribly high. However, I did present with some minor symptoms that led them to run bloodwork and found horrifically high liver enzymes. We had another c/s several hours later. Had a lot of people coming in for training on recognizing atypical HELLP while in the hospital for 4 days. :/ I guess at least our experience will help others down the road so they aren't almost sent home like we were by L&D.

It is a terrible thing to have happen and we are very thankful that we had full term boys both times.

Mrsfroberg 04-23-2013 07:17 AM

Thanks ladies. :( I'm not sure about liver enzymes, but I know her platelet count is 36 and they are trying to get it higher for an emergency c-section. The doc said it's the worst case he's seen in 18 years. :/ Keep the prayers coming!