Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Gripe water (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511012)

NappyChappy 04-23-2013 08:22 AM

Gripe water

do you use it? does it work? silas is super gassy and cries a lot so i was thinking about getting some. what r your thoughts?

canadianbakers 04-23-2013 08:52 AM

Re: Gripe water

For gas, no. I used it for DD1's hiccups - she hated them and got really angry whenever they came... which was all the time for her first 3 months or so.
But Ovol drops worked awesome for helping with gas bubbles :thumbsup:

mibarra 04-23-2013 09:00 AM

For gas we use Mylicon. The medicine itself is simethicone I believe, Mylicon is the brand. Isn't gripe water homeopathic?

NappyChappy 04-23-2013 09:05 AM

i was reading about mommy bliss gripe water.

MrsCrafty 04-23-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 16524749)
For gas, no. I used it for DD1's hiccups - she hated them and got really angry whenever they came... which was all the time for her first 3 months or so.
But Ovol drops worked awesome for helping with gas bubbles :thumbsup:

How do you use it for hicccups? Aubree seems to have them all the time so maybe they won't bother her but I've just never heard of it :goodvibes:

canadianbakers 04-23-2013 09:22 AM

Mylicon is the same as Ovol - just different names/brands of the same stuff, IIRC.

Denise - we just would give her some when she had the hiccups. The lowest dose or whatever in a syringe. I don't know if it was just the taste or what, but it almost always stopped her hiccups.

Mackie3 04-23-2013 09:46 AM

I used gripe water often during my lo's first month. He was super gassy. It helped temporarily, then I would have to give him another dose a couple hours later. But it seemed to relieve him almost instantly.

EmilytheStrange 04-23-2013 02:34 PM

I tried them and never thought they worked with DD. We got liquid probiotics and they seemed to do the trick. But way more expensive.

canadianbakers 04-23-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16526249)
I tried them and never thought they worked with DD. We got liquid probiotics and they seemed to do the trick. But way more expensive.

I don't know if there's a price difference between liquid and capsule probiotics, but if there is, it's super easy to give baby the capsule powder - just open them and dab your finger or a pacifier in it, get baby to suck it off.

Helloloni 04-23-2013 03:43 PM

I love mommys bliss - it's 12 for 2 bottles on diapers.com and definitely works for my baby. I bought some for a friend who's expecting, too!!