Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are co-ops in trouble? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512972)

karacloth1 04-29-2013 07:50 PM

Are co-ops in trouble?

I posted this on another forum so please excuse the redundancy. I'm thinking about making the jump from retail to co-op and am worried about all of the patent chatter. Do you think its possible RaR or FB will steal/block a shipment?

MamaDawn 04-29-2013 07:58 PM

Re: Are co-ops in trouble?

How could they do that?

karacloth1 04-29-2013 08:01 PM

Sue (or threaten to sue) the importer

MamaDawn 04-29-2013 08:03 PM

Well FB hasn't done it yet and how long ago did they make their claim? Now the newest one I don't know...

But I think the double gusset patent is crap... it's not original enough to warrant a patent...

Now if they made a diaper that cleaned it self... that they should patent...

PBAki 04-29-2013 08:06 PM

If the importers are in the US then yes, legally they can go after them now. International laws I'm sure will work different if Kanga Care does want to shutdown if not forbid the company to sell them in the US.

The argument of them having the patent or how valid it is really not going to matter as the patent was in fact awarded to them. If there's a lawsuit of course that's just up to the judge to decide but that's for another topic.

karacloth1 04-29-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaDawn (Post 16546634)
Well FB hasn't done it yet and how long ago did they make their claim? Now the newest one I don't know...

But I think the double gusset patent is crap... it's not original enough to warrant a patent...

Now if they made a diaper that cleaned it self... that they should patent...

haha agreed:

"It was in this moment, just before sleep, that I had an idea for the inside of the diaper. I immediately got out of bed and went to my sewing room. I grabbed a scrap piece of flannel and roughly sewed together my idea. In the morning, I was up and about for a few hours before I remembered what I had done. It was almost like a dream..."

-J.E.

RockinLou 04-29-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karacloth1 (Post 16546586)
Do you think its possible RaR or FB will steal/block a shipment?

no, they aren't the thieves in this scenario

karacloth1 04-29-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinLou (Post 16546656)
no, they aren't the thieves in this scenario

Sorry, I just meant is it possible that a large co-op buy could be threatened by legal action. Obviously they couldn't "steal" it, just prevent the organizer from distributing the product.

PBAki 04-29-2013 08:21 PM

Of course they can. Why risk it?

alyxmegan 04-29-2013 08:48 PM

I ordered some aio thx diapers with the double gussets through a co-op and just got notified that thx will be making them without the double gussets and sending them.