Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Talk to me about Alvas... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1513028)

tinyblackdot 04-30-2013 12:33 AM

Talk to me about Alvas...

Which ones are best?

Im so confused about their site. i know their english isnt good, but im overwhelmed.

Thanks!

beckyc 04-30-2013 12:57 AM

Re: Talk to me about Alvas...

Subbing

dncnshu00 04-30-2013 06:08 AM

If you google alva series description you should be able to find a place where it actually spells out the difference between them all.

Tambelina 04-30-2013 07:30 AM

I have a couple Alva 3.0's and I think they're diapers run kinda big. If you have a chunky baby/toddler, that's a good thing. They're not working out so well on my small 1yo, so I'm saving them for when he gets bigger and fills out more.

77Lipen 04-30-2013 08:10 AM

I have some alvas. Not any of the special ones (no double gussets, no bamboo liner). I've used them on my lo since she was 6 months.
For the most part the different series just means when they came out with new prints. I no longer even see double gussets as an option.
So nothing really outstanding or different between the series except regular pul and minky. But if you click on one of the series it will say if the prints are minky or not.

77Lipen 04-30-2013 08:42 AM

My girl is average size. 29 inches and 19.5 lbs, 9 months old.
She does have chunky legs though, but not more than other kids. I've never used the lowest rise for her on any diaper I had, mostly because I didn't cloth right away when she could have fit them because I was still figuring out a 'routine' to my new life.

If your child has skinny legs though I've heard this isn't the brand for you.

tinyblackdot 04-30-2013 10:08 AM

I have a 18lb 3 month old so no skinny legs over here lol

77Lipen 04-30-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyblackdot
I have a 18lb 3 month old so no skinny legs over here lol

Whoa, good for you... Man I wish I could have gotten my girl to plump up like that :)

a.merical 04-30-2013 10:22 AM

In my experience there is not much difference between most of them. A couple series were made without hip snaps and one was made with double gussets (4.0). Other than that, all of the other series seem to be the same; just with different print options (solids, minky.. and so on).

tinyblackdot 04-30-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Lipen (Post 16548164)
Whoa, good for you... Man I wish I could have gotten my girl to plump up like that :)

My girl was always teeny tiny, still is. i dont think she even weighed 18 lbs at 1 year lol!