Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Asking U/S tech to write down sex instead of telling you? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1513370)

Pixi6s 05-01-2013 07:09 AM

Asking U/S tech to write down sex instead of telling you?
 
Is asking the U/S tech to write down the sex instead of telling you something that people actually do, or is it just something you just see on TV?

Anyone here ask for them to write it? Were you glad you did?

keen1981 05-01-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s
Is asking the U/S tech to write down the sex instead of telling you something that people actually do, or is it just something you see on TV?

Anyone here ask? Were you glad you did?

Omg if everyone I know isn't doing this right now. And the gender announcement parties. Ya know it WAS cool. For a hot minute. Now, it's not exciting for me anymore. They are still finding out what they are having. I just have to attend ANOTGER party to see it. Don't get me wrong, love the peeps. Love their soon to be baby, but I have parties every weekend! Just call me and tell me what you are having. LOL!

But yes, lots of people do this.

nettepoet 05-01-2013 07:24 AM

Re: Asking U/S tech to write down sex instead of telling you?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 16551187)
Omg if everyone I know isn't doing this right now. And the gender announcement parties. Ya know it WAS cool. For a hot minute. Now, it's not exciting for me anymore. They are still finding out what they are having. I just have to attend ANOTGER party to see it. Don't get me wrong, love the peeps. Love their soon to be baby, but I have parties every weekend! Just call me and tell me what you are having. LOL!

But yes, lots of people do this.


ahahahhaa- sounds personal, mama! LOL. ive never been to a gender reveal party but i feel your pain. i had just heard of it at the beginning of this pregnancy and i was like, "awww, thats cute!" but i need to know RIGHTNOW. i only get one u/s in my pregnancies and it was hard enough to bide my time until 20 wks.

signed,
instant gratification junkie

SamanthaLove88 05-01-2013 07:38 AM

Re: Asking U/S tech to write down sex instead of telling you?
 
One of my good friends did this and they took the piece of paper to the bakery so they could put pink or blue frosting in the middle of the cake. Then when they cut the cake at the shower we all knew she was having a girl! :) It was cute and I thought it was a great idea. First one I've seen done this way, since everyone (including myself) around here is impatient and likes to know :giggle:

keen1981 05-01-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nettepoet

ahahahhaa- sounds personal, mama! LOL. ive never been to a gender reveal party but i feel your pain. i had just heard of it at the beginning of this pregnancy and i was like, "awww, thats cute!" but i need to know RIGHTNOW. i only get one u/s in my pregnancies and it was hard enough to bide my time until 20 wks.

signed,
instant gratification junkie

I'm in Cali and been dealing with these gender reveal parties for awhile now! Lol. I'm getting burnt out. LOL!!! ;)

happysmileylady 05-01-2013 07:52 AM

Re: Asking U/S tech to write down sex instead of telling you?
 
When I was pregnant with baby #3, my youngest daughter, we tried to do a gender reveal cake. My sister and mom own a cake shop, so it was partially a cool thing to do instead of a baby shower (since #2 and #3 were only 22 months apart) and partially a marketing thing. I am a photographer, photographing the cake as DH cut it was supposed to provide shots for them to use on their website to advertise for that sort of thing.

Well, it didn't work out because the tech couldn't figure out whether she was a boy or a girl. We didn't find out until I was only 2 weeks from having her and even then, it was only about 75% sure.

So, when surprise baby #4 showed up, we tried again. This time it worked like a charm. In our case, the tech just called the cake shop. Because #3 and #4 were only 25 months apart, the tech remembered the plan from before. She totally had no problem calling the shop.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...y/IMG_2741.jpg

Pixi6s 05-01-2013 09:23 AM

Re: Asking U/S tech to write down sex instead of telling you?
 
Interesting. I hadn't planned on having a reveal party. I just wanted it to be a personal moment between my husband and I -- and not share it with the tech.

I was also thinking it might be nice to hear the tech talk about the baby without having my mind wander away with the news. Also, I didn't find out with my first... I was one of those people who said (for as long as I can remember) that it would never be something I would do. But now I think it would be easier for my 3 year old to know (he has asked) as well as know if we can reuse all the clothing we have or if I need to swap out some.. etc.... but I just rather it be on my own time when I have time to contemplate it.

Thanks for the info! I was a little concerned the tech might look at me cross eyed.

keen1981 05-01-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s
Interesting. I hadn't planned on having a reveal party. I just wanted it to be a personal moment between my husband and I -- and not share it with the tech.

I was also thinking it might be nice to hear the tech talk about the baby without having my mind wander away with the news. Also, I didn't find out with my first... I was one of those people who said (for as long as I can remember) that it would never be something I would do. But now I think it would be easier for my 3 year old to know (he has asked) as well as know if we can reuse all the clothing we have or if I need to swap out some.. etc.... but I just rather it be on my own time when I have time to contemplate it.

Thanks for the info! I was a little concerned the tech might look at me cross eyed.

No way! They are very used to that request!

Scarlett's mommy 05-01-2013 09:33 AM

I asked mine to and she told me anyway so it ended up being unneeded.

stevensmom 05-01-2013 09:34 AM

Re: Asking U/S tech to write down sex instead of telling you?
 
yep its the new norm everywhere

luckily we couldnt line up our weekends right with my sister who was going to plan ours (something I really didnt want)...bummer. so we found out at the u/s

a good friend had the tech write the gender down and then she shipped it off to me to make her a woolie outfit. She stayed team green until the birth.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors