Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   bra help, im not sure which is best... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1513472)

bellx1 05-01-2013 12:20 PM

bra help, im not sure which is best...

Im bigger up top this time around and am having to order my bra because no stores around me have that size in the style i want. I used underwire with my first baby and had no issues, will be doing the same with this one (at home and in the evenings i often wear a wire free bra to give the boobs time to relax).
Anyway im a 34DD/E and im wondering what some good, AFFORDABLE underwire lightly lined (for modesty), and pretty much wearable under almost any blouse/top
I saw La leche league tshirt bra (about 30$) but DD is the highest cup they have in it so im wondering if its really made to support smaller busts. Im also looking at Bravado Allure bra and the Anita #5059.
I thought maybe the Anita or Bravado Allure would offer better support since they also accomadate larger sizes. The only thing I dont like about them is the price tag

I have 2 other kids and work as a nurse so I do lots of bending etc and need a good supportive bra that doesnt allow boobs to fall out when bending over all the way lol.

Ill only be alternating with one other underwire bra and im getting a 2pk of wireless bras for around the house and at night. So quality is also a must.

Please help me ladies! Reviews, suggestions, best place to order from etc
Thanks.

mama2tommy 05-01-2013 01:01 PM

Re: bra help, im not sure which is best...

I really really like bravado bras. Yes, pricey, but you can usually find a discount code if you hunt around. They last well too - I just replaced some that I've worn constantly since 2009.

leadmare 05-01-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2tommy (Post 16552519)
I really really like bravado bras. Yes, pricey, but you can usually find a discount code if you hunt around. They last well too - I just replaced some that I've worn constantly since 2009.

Just FYI, you should replace your bra every six months because they wear out, stretch out and no longer fit properly or offer the support they did initially. Please buy yourself a new bra at least yearly. :)

Unfortunately I don't know any cheaper bras to recommend. I expect to spend $50 to $60 on a decent bra. Our breasts are worth it, lol.

Anita, Royce and Panache are good options if you can spend $50-60. Perhaps just get one good bra that fits correctly? A well fitting bra makes a world of difference!

onion 05-01-2013 04:16 PM

I'm struggling with frequent clogged ducts and getting discouraged. Wondering if it is an issue with poorly fitting bras. Was going to spring for an Anita...yeah, I hate that price tag!

Stamina 05-01-2013 04:28 PM

I have the Bravado Allure and find it to be itchy. I actually feel more supported by the Bravado Bliss. It doesn't have an underwire, but it gives the support of a bra that does IMO! I have three and love them - so comfortable!

bellx1 05-01-2013 05:04 PM

Ive thought about it more, and i guess im going to have to scrape up the 50-60 bucks!
I totally understand what a poor fitting bra does! Up until yesterday I was walking around in an old stretched out, 34C... I finally had money to get one good fitting, supportive bra in a 34DD!
With the old, too small one i was layering a stretchy bandeau bralett thing over it just to remain looking presentable!

My poor dh felt so bad about not being able to afford getting a new bra for me.

leadmare 05-01-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamina (Post 16553227)
I have the Bravado Allure and find it to be itchy. I actually feel more supported by the Bravado Bliss. It doesn't have an underwire, but it gives the support of a bra that does IMO! I have three and love them - so comfortable!

The Bravado Bliss is another nice bra. :thumbsup:

leadmare 05-01-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellx1 (Post 16553343)
Ive thought about it more, and i guess im going to have to scrape up the 50-60 bucks!
I totally understand what a poor fitting bra does! Up until yesterday I was walking around in an old stretched out, 34C... I finally had money to get one good fitting, supportive bra in a 34DD!
With the old, too small one i was layering a stretchy bandeau bralett thing over it just to remain looking presentable!

My poor dh felt so bad about not being able to afford getting a new bra for me.

Ahh- go get yourself a properly fitting bra, woman! You will feel sooo much better. I completely understand tight finances, but don't forget to take care of yourself, too!

Vie.en.Rose 05-01-2013 06:47 PM

I'm the same size and you and I have this one:

http://change.com/int/florence-5.html

It isn't padded, but there's two layers of stretchy fabric that holds everything in. I never had issues with nipples or nursing pads showings through. It has underwire and holds the girls up nicely. I had mine for about 3 years before one of the underwires started poking through and stabbing me. I removed the wires and still wear it from time to time, but it doesn't lift quite the same way anymore which makes me sad. But 3 years out of a bra is still beyond amazing! There are no other signs of wear!

Another one I really like is the Bravado Seamless Silk nursing bra. No underwire and the foam pads are removable, but it really lifts and supports. It's a really good everyday bra. I've also had this one 3 years and it's only recently starting to show signs of its age.

bellx1 05-01-2013 11:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your input.
One last question, does the bravado Allure really run small in the cup size like the breakoutbras.com site says? In otherwords, If i measure a 34DD do i really need to order a cup size larger for the Allure?