Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   what is an understandable time limit on paying? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1514124)

Dory 05-03-2013 04:07 PM

what is an understandable time limit on paying?

On Ebay?

What steps do you take if someone goes over your stated window?

In this instance, it's not a high dollar item. I just want it out of my house. Lol

Pixi6s 05-03-2013 04:36 PM

Re: what is an understandable time limit on paying?

If someone goes over your stated window its up to you what to do next. I would def contact them. What you would do is start a case with ebay. they will either pay or not. If they don't pay it might take ebay up to a week to figure it out so you can relist.

Dory 05-03-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s (Post 16560317)
If someone goes over your stated window its up to you what to do next. I would def contact them. What you would do is start a case with ebay. they will either pay or not. If they don't pay it might take ebay up to a week to figure it out so you can relist.

Thank you. I've never sold there before the past couple weeks. I stated 24 hours in the listing. I wasn't sure if that was reasonable or not, but it's the norm here, so it's all I had to go on, and it's clearly in the listing. So I invoiced her, even added that paying by two today would mean it ship today. Still nothing. I'll wait until non tomorrow and figure out how to contact Ebay. I've done everything mobile so I'll have to go to the desktop version to figure it out.

ofthemoonsglow 05-03-2013 05:31 PM

If they dont pay within 48 hours you need to open a unpaid item case. If they dont pay 48 hours after opening the case you can close it and relist the item.

Mommyof4forme! 05-03-2013 05:58 PM

Well, you can state a time period to pay but Ebay policy gives 4 days. You won't be able to open a case/file a claim until after the 4th day.

ofthemoonsglow 05-03-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme! (Post 16560540)
Well, you can state a time period to pay but Ebay policy gives 4 days. You won't be able to open a case/file a claim until after the 4th day.

This changed on May 1st. It is now 2 days or 48 hours

Dory 05-03-2013 07:55 PM

Thanks for the tips, everyone. :) I'll get in contact with Ebay tomorrow. I cleaned out the closet last week and just want it all gone. Getting me to the point of purging things is hard.

LittleThingsMama638 05-03-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ofthemoonsglow

This changed on May 1st. It is now 2 days or 48 hours

I did not know this. Thank you! Sometimes I buy something on Saturday morning and forget to go back until Monday night when the kids are in bed.

Have you sent a reminder? If you have, and messages them, I'd open a claim.

Dory 05-03-2013 09:41 PM

I guess I forget that it everyone has obnoxious reminders on their phone or iPad that let's them know every little alert from ebay :blush:

It hasn't been 48 hours yet. I'll wait before I go further. I'm just new to it, and wondered what the norm is.

ofthemoonsglow 05-03-2013 09:58 PM

Ive been selling a lot on ebay and try to keep up with changes. I open a case as soon as I can. About 50% of the cases I open, the person never pays and I want it relisted asap