Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1514507)

canadianbakers 05-05-2013 08:36 AM

Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

:wave:
First full week of May - and spring has finally sprung here!

canadianbakers 05-05-2013 08:57 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

from last week...

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16562513)
Last night went well. Luke and I napped on the couch until 11ish. Fed and then I swaddled him and we slept in the bed. 3 hour stretch, I think. Might have been 2.5. Up 2 times and quick nursing (30 mins) and back down. Was very nice. Woke up with a rock hard boob though. Twice. But he nursed it down nicely.

:thumbsup: for a good night!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bai18176 (Post 16562529)
My mw still doesn't want me doing more than feeding babies, and since I still have some bleeding issues, I'm trying. Although I've been working small amounts in my yard :). Gotta get some sun!

I've been overdoing it lately :( Cramping and increased bleeding, and then the mastitis - all signs of doing far too much. Unfortunately, errands and older kids don't exactly wait until I'm feeling better and can do things!

We spent the afternoon yesterday outside at my in-laws - wonderful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt (Post 16562615)
this morning after she nursed at about 7 he got up with her and DS and let me sleep until 9:30 when she wanted to nurse again. :wub: Now he's grocery shopping. He's so amazing.

What a good daddy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunawayBunny (Post 16562978)
Then we are going on vacation to the beach with 15 of dh's cousins and friends - all childless gals our age (literally). Bathing suits and beach 3 months postpartum... yay!

Someone in the pp thread suggested skirts so I am gonna try to go that route.

I think its that jack Newman guy who advocates against elimination during nursing. Basically, don't eliminate foods or activities unless there is a real medical need to do so.

Ugh. Can't imagine the beach with that group, lol! DH said something about leaving the kids with his parents this afternoon for swimsuit shopping... umm... not sure I'm up to it, still wearing pads :yuck:

I'm :crossfingers: our target (supposed to open soon!!) will have some of those long stretchy skirts... that actually fit me!

Sounds like Dr Newman's advice :) He's big on making things as easy as they can be - there are so many real things to worry about with nursing (thrush, infections, latch, etc) that worrying about mom's diet is just adding stress on when it may not really be needed. Obviously if there's a medical reason, either with mom or baby, then it's needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt (Post 16563297)
So now that BFing is going well I went through my closet, to pull out maternity stuff I won't wear now, pull out winter stuff, and organized it so all my nursing friendly tops are in the front.

Eventually I gotta get around to going through my closet, taking out the mat stuff I'm not gonna wear, and go through my bin of prepreg clothes. Maybe next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by USNsis (Post 16563493)
Yes, the Osocozy fitted with the small GMD doubler! I think those are going to be our new night dipes.

I jinxed myself with the poop talk - she's pooped no less than nine times today (!!!).

Crazy goose!

Have to keep that in mind for Piper's nights. We'll definitely need to do differently with her than we have with the others!
:giggle: about the pooping - she's just helping you not worry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by USNsis (Post 16563533)
On a positive note, weighed her at our CD store today and she's 7lb 8oz! That's 4oz a week since our last appt - not a lot, but something!

Got :crossfingers: for good news tomorrow, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by USNsis (Post 16563577)
Well, that was a huge FAIL - homegirl soaked that hemp insert and pee came right on out the cover and onto my leg/the couch!

:giggle2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern Momma (Post 16563735)
I treated myself to a new dress today..that should make me feel better! :D Here's what I got http://www.target.com/p/merona-women...s/-/A-14373377 On sale for $18, free shipping and should be good to nurse in :thumbsup:

Brigit has really taken to nursing and I'm so happy! I think my nipples might fall off soon though...she still doesn't have the best latch but she's getting better.

:thumbsup: for the dress! Like I said above, target is just about to open here, hoping for some stuff for me!

:yay: for nursing!!! Congrats! Keep working on that latch - and the cluster feeding in the evening is totally normal. Hopefully as her latch improves she'll nurse more effectively and cut down the constant nursing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by momneedssupport (Post 16564803)
Got a 3.5 hour stretch of sleep!!

And i nursed one side all night. And wach sesh was 10-15 minutes when our ave is like 6 min. I didnt change his dipe til this am, no crying fits all night long and only a tiny schmear of poo (genuine yellow) *happydance*
Of course my other poor boob was about to explode.

So today we are goi.g to church, dh too, then he and ds are going to see iron man. And then he invited his parents whom i usually hang with on sunday afternoons:/ so now im all awone with dd and baby ben today:( boooo

:yay: for sleep - and for a content baby!!!
DS2 saw Ironman yesterday for his friend's party :) He loved it!
Sorry about being all alone, boo.

AFM: Gotta run and get ready for church, but wanted to get the new thread up and going for this week!

mibarra 05-05-2013 09:58 AM

Elena - I was all over our target and they didn't have ANY long stretchy skirts in the store, and none of the stuff we posted either. I can't believe I had to go online to order it! :/ But if you get a store can you order online? They had free shipping on orders over $50 but I know its different up there....

I've decided I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices for "nursing" clothes!! Anything cute is like $50!!!! So I'm just gonna buy nursing friendly "normal" clothes ;)

Alie slept from like 9-3:30 last night! Of course DD2 was up off and on until 1 and then DD1 was up at 6:45... my poor boobs were rocks!

MrsCrafty 05-05-2013 10:20 AM

Well Aubree nursed from like 8:30 to midnight on and off. And her poops are really wet, like most absorbed into the diaper but starting to look more seedy like BFing poop.
She's peeing good so not sure what the deal is.
Oh and her cord fell off! So hooray for real baths now!
I was lucky my mom is a deal shopper and got me like 4 nursing tops! My sister bought me 1 and DH insisted I choose 2 for myself :goodvibes:

USNsis 05-05-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt
Well Aubree nursed from like 8:30 to midnight on and off. And her poops are really wet, like most absorbed into the diaper but starting to look more seedy like BFing poop.
She's peeing good so not sure what the deal is.
Oh and her cord fell off! So hooray for real baths now!
I was lucky my mom is a deal shopper and got me like 4 nursing tops! My sister bought me 1 and DH insisted I choose 2 for myself :goodvibes:

Awesome, yay for nursing clothes! Old Navy's selection sucks right now. I finally ordered myself an Undercover Mama last night.

USNsis 05-05-2013 10:37 AM

@Elena - yes, big appointment tomorrow. I'm really tempted to put her in a heavy diaper in case they weigh her with it on. I know she's fine and I don't want to get grief from them. Crazy to think that eventually she'll really chunk up and we'll laugh at all of this.

Yay for night sleeping for everyone! We did another 4+ hour stretch. Definitely felt like a county fair livestock animal last night. Fell asleep with her nursing and woke up hours later to her trying to latch herself (my boob was still out).

Any advice on getting more output from pumping? Starting to worry that my stash isn't big enough for when I return. Should I be pumping at more regular intervals?

bai18176 05-05-2013 10:44 AM

Erin, it usually just takes a while to be able to pump more. The more you pump, the more you should get, especially if you pump at the same time every day. Of course, that's a bit difficult with a newborn :). At least that's what I've found :)

RunawayBunny 05-05-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 16565050)
Elena - I was all over our target and they didn't have ANY long stretchy skirts in the store, and none of the stuff we posted either. I can't believe I had to go online to order it! :/ But if you get a store can you order online? They had free shipping on orders over $50 but I know its different up there....

I've decided I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices for "nursing" clothes!! Anything cute is like $50!!!! So I'm just gonna buy nursing friendly "normal" clothes ;)

Alie slept from like 9-3:30 last night! Of course DD2 was up off and on until 1 and then DD1 was up at 6:45... my poor boobs were rocks!

Did you check the nursing bra section in target? In ours its next to the regular bra section and baby clothes section. I bought that shirt in store. I also got a really cute (and more importantly comfy) blue bra and a cute nursing tank top (ones with buttons, not a plain cami).

Thinking I might go balance my check book and see if there are funds left for me to go clothes shopping.

Southern Momma 05-05-2013 11:01 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Yeah, a lot of those cute dresses and skirts are only available online from Target. I wish they were in store so I could try them on before buying but oh well...I think they'll fit. I think the stores in Canada will have a little different inventory so maybe they'll carry some in store...I received the employee magazine (I work there part time on the weekends) last week and noticed it listed some items the Canadian stores will carry but haven't really had time to read it.

So constant nursing is normal? It sounds like a lot of babies are doing that. Honestly, I was starting to wonder if maybe something was wrong; my biggest concern was she's not getting enough to eat. There's milk in the shield and it dribbles out of her mouth when she unlatches. Also, her diaper is wet at every feeding but she's not pooping regularly. She went 48 hours without pooping then had two yesterday. She's very gassy too. But back to the constant nursing; she ending up nursing from a little after 6pm to 1am. 30 minutes on one side, burp, 30 minutes on the other side, burp, nap in my lap for 15 minutes or so then start all over again. She slept from about 2am to 4am, then nursed 30 minutes on one side. Slept in the bed with me for the first time until 8am and then nursed until 11am. I'm tired but we've been working so hard to get her nurse I'm really happy...so long as that amount of nursing is normal.

M couldn't wear OS diapers for very long...maybe until 18 months or so? She wore L and XL dipes until she potty learned at 2 1/2 years old. She was always in the 90th something percentile. I have a lot of OS diapers for B. I hope to at least get 18 months use of of them but it'd be nice to be able to use them through potty learning. B's smaller than M was....about 50th percentile and a little over 8 lbs. The OS dipes are starting to fit a little better but still too big.

RunawayBunny 05-05-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USNsis (Post 16565141)
@Elena - yes, big appointment tomorrow. I'm really tempted to put her in a heavy diaper in case they weigh her with it on. I know she's fine and I don't want to get grief from them. Crazy to think that eventually she'll really chunk up and we'll laugh at all of this.

Any advice on getting more output from pumping? Starting to worry that my stash isn't big enough for when I return. Should I be pumping at more regular intervals?

And nurse just before you go in!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bai18176 (Post 16565151)
Erin, it usually just takes a while to be able to pump more. The more you pump, the more you should get, especially if you pump at the same time every day. Of course, that's a bit difficult with a newborn :). At least that's what I've found :)

Agreed, but remember you only need enough in your stash for your first day /time apart. Then that day, pump as many times as she has a bottle (so three or so for a work day). That milk will go with her to daycare the next day. Any milk you bring home from daycare can go in the freezer.

Otherwise, relax and love your pump. Literally, its providing something wonderful for your babe and you. A lot of women talk about resenting /stress over pumps and that can reduce your letdown. Also massage your breasts while pumping. Babies suck and apply pressure to get milk while pumps only suck.