Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Questions about Sunbaby Diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515033)

healthydiapers 05-07-2013 06:48 AM

Questions about Sunbaby Diapers

I had some about two years ago which I ended up being disappointed in because of constant leaks (even when stuffed with prefolds). Anyway, I did just try some of their trainers for DS - who is not really potty learning yet - so they are being used as diapers for now. They work wonderfully! No leaks - even O/N - and the fleece is super soft compared to those diapers I got two years ago. So now to my questions: are the newer diapers better at not leaking, and is the fleece softer? Anyone know? TIA! :)

babyike2011 05-07-2013 07:03 AM

I had some 2 years ago as well and the fleece was super soft and we didn't have leaks BUT they were pretty small and we outgrew them fast. That being said, I bought a size 2 about 8 months ago and the fleece is really soft and still no leaks:) it fits really nice too:)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Tambelina 05-07-2013 07:11 AM

Re: Questions about Sunbaby Diapers

I have Sunbabies, but don't personally recommend them. I ordered some back in December 2012 and 13 out of 24 diapers have snaps that came off. Other people reported snap issues with that release, too. I'm not rough with the diapers. I just think they're poorly made. I do have some from an older shipment that I got earlier that year and the snaps work great on them. I don't know if the ones I ordered in December were just a bad batch, but the experience left me not trusting any future Sunbaby releases.

Tambelina 05-07-2013 07:17 AM

Also, the microfleece inner just gets pilly after awhile because that's the nature of the fabric. You're gonna get that with any microfleece pocket.

healthydiapers 05-07-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyike2011 (Post 16571040)
I had some 2 years ago as well and the fleece was super soft and we didn't have leaks BUT they were pretty small and we outgrew them fast. That being said, I bought a size 2 about 8 months ago and the fleece is really soft and still no leaks:) it fits really nice too:)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Do you have any action shots to compare the fit of size 1 with size 2?

k_apple 05-13-2013 04:52 PM

Following

DaisyAnne 05-13-2013 05:08 PM

Interesting, I don't know exactly what changed, but I know that her sizes changed a bit. Size 1 supposedly is better for long, lean babies and Size 2 for chunkier babies, like mine. Both are actually one size diapers, but she was selling them at different times- now she sells them both. At least that's the info we found when we bought ours recently. I just started using them on DS about a week ago, and right now they are my favorite. I can't say anything about their longevity yet, though!

jacksmimi 05-15-2013 12:42 AM

My newer ones didn't leak, but they did run smallish and the snaps weren't great. BUT a cheaper option for a quick stash while figuring out what you really like.

healthydiapers 05-20-2013 01:12 PM

Anyone else? :)