Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gender Dreams (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516526)

Fishie Kisses 05-12-2013 05:50 PM

Gender Dreams

I've heard that you dream the opposite of the gender you are actually having. For me, that really hasn't been true. With DS1, I dreamed boy. With DS2, I dreamed boy. But with DS3 I dreamed girl. Last night I had a very definitely girl dream and it has me wondering if it's going to be more like my first 2 and be accurate, or if it'll be opposite.

So just for fun, what was it like for you??

stevensmom 05-12-2013 06:01 PM

Dreamed girl for this one and its a boy :)

KiltedKingdom 05-12-2013 06:08 PM

Re: Gender Dreams

When I was :preggo: with #3, I had a dream where I went to the doctor and they did a blood test and sent me back with a sheet saying the following:
Gender-- Boy
Reason--Penis

Later that same pregnancy, I had a dream where I gave birth to a baby girl in the bedroom. I carried her to the sink to clean her off and she had grown little boy parts! :giggle2:

That was my only pregnancy where I had gender dreams. I dreamed about other things with the other pregnancies.

lynn97 05-12-2013 09:12 PM

With DS, I had several dreams where he was a girl. I later had a few boy dreams too, but most of the dreams were girl dreams. With this pregnancy, I had a vivid dream the night before I took a test and I was holding a baby girl while DS was running around. I had an u/s at 16 weeks where the tech *thought* this baby is a girl but wouldn't commit. I had a dream a few days later that he was wrong and baby was a boy. We had our a/s at 19 weeks, though, and got confirmation that baby is indeed a girl as I first dreamed.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

simplyleah87 05-12-2013 10:28 PM

I have crazy pregnancy dreams. With my son I dreamt I gave birth to a cat, and with this one(girl) I dreamt I had triplets, 2 girls and a boy :p

Definitely not accurate for me. Haha

Mommyto2B2G 05-13-2013 12:55 AM

With oldest DS I had dreams of him being a boy. :) With DS2 I had boy dreams as well. With DD1 I had dreams that she was a girl RIGHT away. With DD2 who should be born any day now I had both. I was so confused on this one! I was convinced she was a boy because I wanted the last to be a girl so bad I was afraid of being disappointed and wouldn't consider thinking she was a girl. I was SHOCKED when I realized she was a girl even though I had the inkling the whole time.

nettepoet 05-13-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommyto2B2G (Post 16588756)
With oldest DS I had dreams of him being a boy. :) With DS2 I had boy dreams as well. With DD1 I had dreams that she was a girl RIGHT away. With DD2 who should be born any day now I had both. I was so confused on this one! I was convinced she was a boy because I wanted the last to be a girl so bad I was afraid of being disappointed and wouldn't consider thinking she was a girl. I was SHOCKED when I realized she was a girl even though I had the inkling the whole time.

its kinda freaky, right?

ive dreamt the right gender for each baby but i was second guessing myself this pregnancy bc i wanted a girl for my last so badly, as well. its creepy bc i even feel like i get glimpses of some aspect of my kiddos that are pretty accurate, but it is usually just one trait like their eyes or body or hair that stand out in my dream. with DD i had a dream when i was pg with her where she was a toddler and i saw her curly pigtails (which came true). while pg with DS i kept seeing his intense eyes and had a feeling he was a boy but couldnt get a good look at his face. im due in a couple weeks with another girl and i had seen her in a very clear dream i had and often wondered about 10 years ago!! in my dream i was getting all of my kids ready and was putting mary janes on my youngest and she was in a fluffy dark blue dress--crazy bc this kiddo was not planned AT ALL.

3 ladybugs 05-14-2013 08:59 AM

I had a dream I had a baby and turns out I got pregnant. :giggle2: DH had a dream take off where mine left off (a minute of overlap) and he dreamed we were having a girl (before I got pregnant) and this baby is 100% boy.

Now if the baby can just be a well baby like we both dreamed! :)

Palooka 05-14-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiltedKingdom (Post 16587933)
When I was :preggo: with #3, I had a dream where I went to the doctor and they did a blood test and sent me back with a sheet saying the following:
Gender-- Boy
Reason--Penis

Later that same pregnancy, I had a dream where I gave birth to a baby girl in the bedroom. I carried her to the sink to clean her off and she had grown little boy parts! :giggle2:

That was my only pregnancy where I had gender dreams. I dreamed about other things with the other pregnancies.

The bolded literally made me laugh out loud alone in my cubicle. It is such perfect dream logic.

When I was newly pregnant I dreamt of a light haired little boy talking to me from his car seat while I drove. Then about month 5 I showed some ultrasound photos to family (we were team green) and this butthead cousin declared that I was obviously having a girl, that he had 3 kids and he knew how to read an ultrasound. I was totally heartbroken and cried for days. I had a dream that night that I was back in the car and someone grabbed my baby boy and tossed him out the window, then tried to hand me a girl baby saying "who cares, it's a baby." In the dream I was hysterical because my baby was a boy, and everyone in the car told me I was being stupid. At my next midwife appointment I brought the ultrasound photos to my midwife and to another ultrasound tech, and they all said there was no way that cousin could tell the baby's sex. Four months later I gave birth to a light haired little boy.

Fishie Kisses 05-14-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palooka (Post 16592627)
The bolded literally made me laugh out loud alone in my cubicle. It is such perfect dream logic.

When I was newly pregnant I dreamt of a light haired little boy talking to me from his car seat while I drove. Then about month 5 I showed some ultrasound photos to family (we were team green) and this butthead cousin declared that I was obviously having a girl, that he had 3 kids and he knew how to read an ultrasound. I was totally heartbroken and cried for days. I had a dream that night that I was back in the car and someone grabbed my baby boy and tossed him out the window, then tried to hand me a girl baby saying "who cares, it's a baby." In the dream I was hysterical because my baby was a boy, and everyone in the car told me I was being stupid. At my next midwife appointment I brought the ultrasound photos to my midwife and to another ultrasound tech, and they all said there was no way that cousin could tell the baby's sex. Four months later I gave birth to a light haired little boy.

What a jerk! Especially because I assume that it was public knowledge that you were waiting.

I was doing some online reading about dreams and it said that it seems that gender dreams do tend to be pretty accurate. UNLESS you have a gender preference. Then your subconscious might be taking over lol