Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   daycare diaper stash (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516708)

Chellot06 05-13-2013 12:42 PM

daycare diaper stash

ok so i use tinkle traps with a boingo and covers. or i use a flat sometimes. question tho...im about to work again in August and my ds will need diapers for daycare. what are normal daycre policies? would they want to use a new cover evefytime? in thinking of gettibg 10-12 kawaii pockets aplix with microfleece inners for them to use

marenmccoy 05-13-2013 12:46 PM

Policies seem to vary a lot, but it is not uncommon for providers to require AIOs or pockets.

Pixi6s 05-13-2013 01:11 PM

Re: daycare diaper stash

You really should ask them. The first 2 places my son went to they would do anything and reuse covers. The most recent place they will use anything but they cannot reuse covers --- as a side note its NH law that they can't reuse covers, I read the law (I was helping this new daycare decipher it), but the first daycare we used was also in NH and they didn't read/didn't care what the law was. There was alot of things the first daycare did that was not "by the book" as far as cloth diapers go.

d_arnold 05-13-2013 01:13 PM

I would ask because it seems like all daycares are different. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for a new cover each time.

Our daycare diapers are Tots Bots and WAHM AIO with velcro.

Catbutt Diapers 05-13-2013 01:31 PM

Mine asks for velcro AIO's. Most places ask for velcro pockets or AIO's.

kinderreruns 05-13-2013 01:34 PM

The daycares I checked when being recruited this year wanted AIO and pockets.

srw.mutter 05-13-2013 03:26 PM

definitely ask.... our providers said they would take anything as long as I told them how to use it.

kirst 05-13-2013 03:44 PM

Mine wants velcro AIOs or pockets (a one-step diaper for them) and won't do anything with a separate cover (extra step). You should check with them though.

I use Kawaii HD2's with Thirsties Hemp inserts paired with either ME cotton liners or Dandelion bamboo prefolds and love them...ditched the mf inserts but not because they don't work...just because my hands can't take stuffing mf inserts into pockets. They are a super reliable diaper, even for a heavy wetter, and the velcro stays strong.

Nangirl17 05-13-2013 03:51 PM

I use Kawaii HD2 with the microsuede inner and aplix and my dcp loves them. I found the microsuede worked better than the microfleece. Kawaii has a 20% discount right now so you can get 12 for $63.60 Canadian dollars ($5.30/dipe!!) at theluvyourbaby.com. 10 months in, the velcro is still good as new!

elizabethearth 05-14-2013 04:47 PM

I use nanas bottoms for daycare