Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I am not stash happy again!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516954)

jacandy 05-14-2013 10:43 AM

I seriously drive myself crazy! I got a bunch of bg pockets (pretty much a whole stash now) and I hate stuffing already. Am I crazy to want to sell off more diapers and use flips, applecheeks, grovia (otw) and the gdiapers I have?? There are a few pockets I'd keep because they aren't in flips. Plus I want trim! I'm over the big fluffy butt and trying to fit clothes on them.

kelly679 05-14-2013 10:52 AM

Re: I am not stash happy again!!

If you find yourself changing your stash often maybe you could keep some of everything? Thats what I did.

jacandy 05-14-2013 11:04 AM

That's a really good idea! I love the idea of a single brand/style stash but I don't think I can do it. I think I'll go through and keep the favorites but destash the others. I'll just keep some of each since they serve a purpose or I like how they work/fit.

TobinsTreasures 05-14-2013 11:15 AM

Could you use the pockets like covers and lay in inserts/prefolds? That would solve the stuffing frustration without you having to detash everything. You could look into trimmer inserts like hemp to help cut down on the bulk.

Nerissa 05-14-2013 11:16 AM

this is why I have a variety stash -- I have a little bit of everything--AIO, Pockets, Fitteds, PF, Flats, covers.

epanouie 05-14-2013 11:28 AM

Yes, this is what I do, too. I like having uniformity, but have found that just won't fly in our family when I need someone else to change the baby...because I use cotton flats and wool covers, which everyone else is afraid of! ;) I have pockets pre stuffed with flats (yes, I hate stuffing, too!!! ;)) for grandparents, flips (also pre stuffed) for daddy, flats and wool for me. Here is our diaper run-down, which I just wrote out to help myself with our packing (we are moving this week!) because I had several things we weren't using and needed to get rid of...

One size diapers:
16 daytime organic Flips
6 organic ODC bamboo terry squares
26 unbleached cotton Osocozy flats

14 pockets (1 glow bug, 13 cartoon)--the only reason I keep this many is for grandparents keeping baby overnight

One size covers:
2 aplix Flip covers
2 snap Flip covers
2 medium weight aplix wool wraps
2 light weight snap wool wraps

Sized covers:
2 small duo wrap Thirsties covers (one snap, one aplix)
1 small Motherease airflow cover
3 small wool soakers
1 small wool longies
1 medium Motherease airflow cover
1 medium SBish soaker
3 medium wool soakers

Newborn stash:
24 unbleached cotton prefolds
2 NB organic ODC bamboo terry squares
6 unbleached cotton prefold converted fitteds with snaps
5 aplix PUL covers (2 Bummis super brites, 1 super lite, 1 super whisper wrap, 1
Diaperaps)
3 snap wool wraps (2 Stacinator, 1 Loveybums)

Anyway, hope this helps!! :)

tmrobinson 05-14-2013 12:28 PM

I could never have just one kind of diaper, I was like you and always wanted something different. So like the pp said I kept some of each and it worked great. Right now I have 6 Flips, 12 bg medium aios, 3 alva pockets (for naps other wise I hate stuffing too), and I have some Grovia on the way too.

Baby2pls 05-14-2013 03:07 PM

I love my mini stashes! I don't get bored and they all serve a purpose! Flips and Econobum covers with pf's, flats or rb flats, BGE, BG 4.0s stuffed with flip organics or geffen flats... I get on kicks where I consider selling a mini stash.... But then a few days later I'm glad I have them again!

QuartzandPyrite 05-14-2013 03:42 PM

I am starting to feel stash happy, ONLY because it is really a series of mini stashes! I know they all have their different uses so I feel prepared for anything! Plus I have two in diapers that are at very different stages and sizes, once I break it down to what I have for each of them it's not that many changes. In fact I could use a few more... :diaperfever:

Mom2ManyBlessings 05-14-2013 04:00 PM

:) I agree with everyone else. Mini stashes!

I sold all my cloth diapers when pregnant :banghead: and am starting from scratch. I plan on adding in your different type of diaper each month till I have enough of each for my mood. LoL

Except pockets, those are only for nights. I hate stuffing!!