Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which cover is smallest overall? Flip/econobum/sweet pea/diaper safari/capri (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516979)

ahblessedmama 05-14-2013 10:59 AM

Which cover is smallest overall? Flip/econobum/sweet pea/diaper safari/capri

I am yet again trying to simplify some things in my stash, and am using some best bottom inserts and capri inserts in covers. Those inserts are more narrow than prefolds for sure so there is a lot of exposed PUL which I don't really care for, but it's not a huge deal. I got some flips in a trade, they seemed absolutely enormous (my son was 4mos at the time) so I traded them again. I got some econobums and they seem better overall, and I just got a capri size 2, which is generous all over but still seems smaller than the flip. I have read good reviews about diaper safari and sweet pea covers (esp. the price compared to capris) but don't want an enormous mass of PUL again, and don't want to keep buying/selling/trading covers:)

I love Best Bottom covers but the aplix is really scratching his belly, and if the inserts shift the snap is on his privates:(

Thirsties aren't really working for this kiddo for some reason, they are really puckering down in the front no matter how I adjust the waist, or try a different size.

And if there are any other OS/2 sized covers that you all like, I'm up to trying those as well.

Hope that made sense? Thanks!

Xanders 05-14-2013 12:03 PM

Which part of Flips are you having sizing trouble with? DD was wearing them at one week

ReadingRenee 05-14-2013 12:08 PM

Re: Which cover is smallest overall? Flip/econobum/sweet pea/diaper safari/capri

I just noticed last night that my Diaper Rite covers are smaller than my flips. My flips seemed really big next to them.

blondeviolin 05-14-2013 12:25 PM

Re: Which cover is smallest overall? Flip/econobum/sweet pea/diaper safari/capri

How do you feel about Grovia?

ahblessedmama 05-14-2013 01:33 PM

I think it's the crotch that bothers me with all the PUL since it seems so wide on a Flip. For Grovia, I'm assuming you mean the hybrid shells, which I actually love except they leak horribly with my supersoaker. I tried loading them with everything I could, they even leaked poo out the stitching around the leg gussets. Otherwise, I would love that system, the capri inserts with Grovia shells.

ahblessedmama 05-14-2013 04:12 PM

Anyone else's thoughts? Thanks

tentrevival 05-14-2013 04:19 PM

We just switched to sized. One Size never fit well. I will probably have a few kids so we really haven't spent more on sized stashes that they wear a shorter time than one sized that would have to be replaced each time.

MomBecks 05-14-2013 07:04 PM

Sweet Peas have a trimmer crotch as do Capris than Flips. Grovia are great AI2's too. Very trim and fit well from 10 pounds.

me_just_me 05-14-2013 10:05 PM

The Flips are wide, but the way I put them on results in almost no shiny PUL touching skin and a nice trim fit. I also use very thin/trim inserts like Thirsties hemp inserts or ALVA 3 layer bamboo.

What I do is lay the insert in and make sure it is centered. Then to put the diaper on, you take the sides of the cover and pull them in almost touching making the edge of the Flip cover fit in the underwear line (like putting on a gdiaper). This makes the cover fold around the insert, keeps the PUL off the baby's bottom, and makes for a super trim and leak proof fit.

I've had times when my baby was in her diaper much longer than should have been (fell asleep right before I was going to change her). When I went to changer her, the insert was over saturated and there were droplets on the insides of the cover, but no leaks!

GroVias leak around the legs, I don't care for the gussets on the Capri or Thristies, and the Diaper Safari while it fits nicely, the PUL didn't hold up for me. Oh, I do like Econobum covers! I use them just like I use the Flips. They work nicely, but the tabs do stick out a bit.

ahblessedmama 05-14-2013 10:17 PM

Thanks for all that! me_just_me:If you ever had time I would love a picture because although you explained it well, I'm not sure I still understand with the Flip. Thanks!