Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Accountable Kids coop now open (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517522)

bumminbeachbabe 05-16-2013 01:20 PM

Accountable Kids coop now open

I thought I'd let y'all know we have an accountable kids coop that just opened. If you've been thinking about using this program coops are a great way to get yourselves started.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1517061

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Leanbh 05-16-2013 06:23 PM

Re: Accountable Kids coop now open

Has anyone done this and have experience on how it went for them? I know there have been several of these coops done.

TalkinBoutMyGirl 05-17-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanbh
Has anyone done this and have experience on how it went for them? I know there have been several of these coops done.

Check out the two videos on the site. That helped me make my mind up. The coop has been running regularly forever and it's always VERY popular.

Leanbh 05-17-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl (Post 16600586)
Check out the two videos on the site. That helped me make my mind up. The coop has been running regularly forever and it's always VERY popular.

Thanks I will.....I know it's been running many times, so probably a good sign:thumbsup:

Janine 05-18-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanbh

We use it for our 4-year-old and it works great. Can't speak to ages older than that though. We don't use the rewards yet as she doesn't really need them. Turning over the chore cards is reward enough for her. We also have a board for our 2-year-old so that our older child sees that even baby brother needs to do his chores. Of course his chores are things like brushing teeth, getting dressed, and making his bed which are all things we basically do for him, but it still helps our oldest understand responsibility.

boysniris 05-21-2013 10:32 AM

I just wanted to say that I saw the co-op, but went ahead and just ordered the book directly from their website b/c I couldn't wait :hide:

AND I LOVE IT! The book is VERY well-organized and has done all the thinking for you. This looks like a GREAT system to hit the ground running.

I'm planning to make my own chart/tracking etc based on everything in the book, something more catered to how my kids are (ie they are NOT gentle on their stuff). Totally doable, though, now that I'm reading about the system.

I would have never found AK if I hadn't seen the co-op, so THANKS for offering this and I do recommend it to anyone who is on the fence. It's a very thoroughly planned out system.

DesertRat 05-21-2013 01:10 PM

You'd think I'd be able to figure this out... but where do you find the coop sections?

bumminbeachbabe 05-21-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat
You'd think I'd be able to figure this out... but where do you find the coop sections?

I will edit the first post with a link to the coop once my boobie monster relinquishes her hold on me.

DesertRat 05-21-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe (Post 16612081)
I will edit the first post with a link to the coop once my boobie monster relinquishes her hold on me.

It says I don't have access. Nor have I ever figured out how to get access to the coop pages.

bumminbeachbabe 05-21-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 16612262)
It says I don't have access. Nor have I ever figured out how to get access to the coop pages.

You need to go to your usercp and select group memberships from the left side menu. Then you select the coop participant option.