Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Clothes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1518646)

s2grace 05-21-2013 11:38 AM

Clothes

This baby will be my first winter baby. My first three were June July and August. So I have a TON of summer stuff to wear but winters gonna be brutal! Since this is out last I don't want to buy to much. I may check out clearance racks soon for last seasons stuff. Anyone else have the same problem?
Anyone else have the sa

carriek38 05-21-2013 12:14 PM

Re: Clothes

Winter stuff is pretty much gone from clearance racks already...I wasn't sure whether you were talking baby or maternity clothes, but I've scoured racks for both & it was the same.

For maternity, I should be able to wear a bunch of DP's stuff, so that's mostly t-shirts, blouses for work, & a few pairs of pants, as well as a few other pieces--mostly transitional stuff, season-wise, since DP tends to be warm anyway. I have plenty of open cardis if I need them. I have some summer dresses & skirts I should be able to wear for a while yet, but I think I'll need some capris or bermudas to wear over the summer...capri leggings to go with my Enwrapture tunics would be ideal!

Clothing-wise? I've got nothing for a boy, & I lent most of our stuff from DD to a family member & didn't get it back. It's okay, though. Even though we're in a cold-weather state & we don't crank out heat way up, even for babies, DD spent a good deal of her first few months swaddled, so she was warm enough even if she had only a diaper underneath. Otherwise, she wore gowns or sleepers most of the time. Then come summer, she spent most of her time in a diaper & wool soaker, though sometimes we added a top. I figure the same this time around.

What I actually miss is that I can no longer buy flannel swaddling-size blankets at Target. They're big, like 40x40, & we had a pack w/ DD; they were the best thing ever, & now I'm going to have to have a friend sew me some more, b/c I don't think 4 blankets will do it.

artangelsp 05-21-2013 12:18 PM

I've been trying to hit garage sales right now...lots of them and several have had baby/kid clothes.

s2grace 05-21-2013 12:27 PM

Shot. I was thinking for me. But I will need some warm things for this one too! :)

sdsalyer 05-21-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2grace
This baby will be my first winter baby. My first three were June July and August. So I have a TON of summer stuff to wear but winters gonna be brutal! Since this is out last I don't want to buy to much. I may check out clearance racks soon for last seasons stuff. Anyone else have the same problem?
Anyone else have the sa

We were all done having babies. I sold everything or donated it because we were moving and then BAM....I found out I was pregnant! We were just about to give the crib away when I found out, so I am starting over with everything.
I did find some awesome deals at a resale shop near my house. I had a credit for selling them some of my son's old clothes. I ended up getting 4 shirts, a pair if jeans and a brand new out of the package Moby Wrap for $2 with my credit and military discount! Score!!!

carriek38 05-21-2013 01:14 PM

Also, you might check w/ things like local DCs. The DC where we send DD is doing a "garage sale" (or rather, multi-car trunk sale), where parents pay for their "spot" to raise money for a playground, but they get to keep the proceeds of their sales. Most of the parents are wealthier than we are, but even we're planning to try to sell some fairly nice things (Chicco highchair & stroller, about a dozen Born Free glass bottles, etc. Stuff that we were given, but didn't like before & can't or won't use again). Also, one of the local high school lacrosse teams solicits donations for their own garage sale. Decent stuff is out there & at good prices, but you might have to look off the beaten track.

Dani_Phen 05-22-2013 07:41 AM

Hi ladies. I'm jumping in here. My first was a summer baby and was born in July. I had exactly 2 pairs of shorts that fit me and 1 skirt and I had 3 t-shirts. I had refused to buy more end of pregnancy clothing for summer since I would only be wearing it for 2 months at best. So I have next to nothing to wear throughout this summer into the warm fall we always seem to have here. I have a fair amount of winter/cooler parts of early spring clothing but nothing really summery. I worked in an very cold all the time, air conditioned bank too with Ds so until the last month when I went on early leave I didn't really need many summer clothes b/c I was in the cool and they kept it frigid in there. Now that I don't work outside the home, we are outside a lot. Especially on the farm so I have to find summer clothes for me and newborn winter clothes for our newbie. I'm waiting to find out if this one is a boy or girl first before I start buying winter clothes for him/her.

We have this HUGE community thrift store on the other side of town that I am taking Ds to today. They have 4ish racks of maternity clothing so I'm going for it. I want to find some more tanks, t-shirts, capris, another skirt or two and some shorts to wear this summer on the farm and at family events. I'm probably going to look at the baby clothes too and gender neutral clothes anyway because today everything is 1/2 off in the store and I can't resist looking at baby clothes. I went to this sale once before and got Ds a whole new winter wardrobe for $55 so I'm hoping to find some good deals today. Otherwise I've been having my mom, sister and grams looking for me at yardsales b/c I've been too busy onthe weekends to go so far.

s2grace 05-22-2013 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you have a meijer near you I got this skirt for $20. It's got a stretchy top and perfect for summer! They had other colors too :)

Attachment 144060

Dani_Phen 05-22-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2grace (Post 16614148)
If you have a meijer near you I got this skirt for $20. It's got a stretchy top and perfect for summer! They had other colors too :)

Attachment 144060

Cute! I got 5 summery tops, 2 pair of capris, one pair of shorts, 2 pair of bottoms for Ds, a pair of comfy shoes (birkenstock) like new with arch support for this winter to lounge in (my feet hurt so bad already. Ugh.), 2 books for Ds, and a plaque for my mom for Christmas and spent $26 and some change. I was so excited. lol. 99% of the stuff they have there is in like new condition so I'm happy.

I haven't shopped at wal-mart in forever because they never have fresh looking produce at ours, but I went there today b/c the petfood is a lot less expensive and that's what we needed. lol. I found that they have skirts for $12-something that are long with stretchy top and very light jersey material! I got just one for now but I might be heading back another day for more. They also have athletic shorts that aren't real short (I hate wearing short shorts, especially during pregnancy) with the breathable mesh-like material for $6-something...I think $6.46. I got a pair of them because I lived in them toward the end with Ds and they are breathable and keep a person more cool than other materials. I feel like I scored big today and now I'm pretty well set for the summer and early/mid fall. :)

carriek38 05-27-2013 02:51 PM

It wasn't super cheap, but I ordered a bunch of clothes on Zulily today. When I was feeling up to it Saturday, I went through DP's maternity clothes. It's all XL/18 & while the tanks & tees are fine, all the pants are too big. I think they'll fit eventually, but I really do need some stuff to get me through for a bit, so I ordered a pr of jeans, 3pr lightweight pants for work, a couple pair of capris, a pair of shorts, and a couple tops & the total w/ shipping was about $130. I figured that even if some of it didn't fit, it was cheap enough that I can get my money back (or nearly) by reselling it.

Also, WalMart is clearancing a bunch of stuff, so I got 2 nursing camis for $5each...they still had quite a few in bigger & smaller sizes, but they just had the 2 larges that I bought, and they also had some nursing bras that I didn't look too closely at. It appears that they're getting rid of the Bestform stuff so they can carry a new label.